Wiim pro plus coax dropouts

steadyshot

Major Contributor
I have constant signal dropouts with Wiim pro plus and coaxial connection. Audio is cutting out intermittently and continuously resulting in a corrupted signal.

I have factory reseted Wiim pro plus and my roksan attessa integrated .

Made sure the connections were firm in both sides .

Tried both coaxial inputs .

The cable is new qed coaxial performance .

No eq 100% volume fixed 100 volume limit . 24/192 setting .

I did not have problems using it as a dac and with optical out .

I am going crazy please help

Ticket : 493796 @WiiM Support

Last edited:
This issue is probably specific to your set up when using a coax digital cable, which can transmit electrical noise between devices unlike an optical cable. It does not necessarily indicate a fault with the Pro Plus.
The roksan’s inputs are both galvanically isolated . What do you mean specific setup ? Does anything guarantee that Wiim will not cause any problems to my equipment . What if the grounds in Wiim are problematic or other circuit issue in my Wiim unit ?

The roksan’s inputs are both galvanically isolated . What do you mean specific setup ? Does anything guarantee that Wiim will not cause any problems to my equipment . What if the grounds in Wiim are problematic or other circuit issue in my Wiim unit ?
By specific set up I meant the Pro Plus and Roksan Attessa connected by coax cable. You seem to have convinced yourself that your Pro Plus is faulty. You could ask the retailer to exchange it for a replacement, but my guess would be that it would be the same. You have a solution that works.

Submit a ticket if you want to get WiiM's attention, they only occasionally dip in and out of this user community forum - that also means they can inspect your device logs for clues.
I already have . It shows in my first post .i am in communication with Wiim and they suspect possible failure if optical works . They are looking into it and offered a replacement in case it is determined faulty .

By specific set up I meant the Pro Plus and Roksan Attessa connected by coax cable. You seem to have convinced yourself that your Pro Plus is faulty. You could ask the retailer to exchange it for a replacement, but my guess would be that it would be the same. You have a solution that works.
I am thinking what you thinking . I am simply investigating . I don’t have any bias . I want to find the cause

Although the Roksan Attessa specs say that optical is limited to 96KHz, have you tried optical at 192KHz. 192KHz works on my CA Evo 150 despite the specs saying optical is limited to 96KHz.

Although the Roksan Attessa specs say that optical is limited to 96KHz, have you tried optical at 192KHz. 192KHz works on my CA Evo 150 despite the specs saying optical is limited to 96KHz.
Optical does not work at 192 I have tried . Also optical is like having a very noticeable bass boost . With coax and with pro plus dac the bass is totally better not boomy

Optical does not work at 192 I have tried . Also optical is like having a very noticeable bass boost . With coax and with pro plus dac the bass is totally better not boomy
Also the signal path of my internal dac is shorter since the signal from dac goes straight to the power amp section whereas when I connect an external dac it passes through pre amp. Therefore it is clearer .

The boomy bass was corrected with peq which I liked on mini. On pro plus and optical bass less boomy and I could live without eq. Dac of the plus enjoyable and not boomy bass. The best perceptibly is wiim pro plus and coaxial.

I like the sound of Wiim pro plus dac . But with coax or optical ( apart from the bass) the sound is more relaxed and clearer. Voices are fuller in tone and texture. I know subjective etc but I hear my system and not anyone else

Last edited:
It could be a faulty spdif output or your dac isn’t liking the incoming clock signal. The Wiim does suffer from a lot of jitter albeit under the audible range but it could still affect certain DACs if there coax input are susceptible to it and won’t get a proper lock.

It could be a faulty spdif output or your dac isn’t liking the incoming clock signal. The Wiim does suffer from a lot of jitter albeit under the audible range but it could still affect certain DACs if there coax input are susceptible to it and won’t get a proper lock.
That cannot be the case since the dac locked to optical output of the mini and pro plus has better clock than the mini. It is a faulty ground. it plays fine when I have the analog rcas attached to my amp as if I was connecting the dac for the plus to be in dac mode. It should have done this without the help of analog rcas. I mean the ground should be correct when using just the coax connection

Last edited:
That cannot be the case since the dac locked to optical output of the mini and pro plus has better clock than the mini. It is a faulty ground. it plays fine when I have the analog rcas attached to my amp as if I was connecting the dac for the plus to be in dac mode. It should have done this without the help of analog rcas. I mean the ground should be correct when using just the coax connection
Then as I said first it’s faulty.

Can you elaborate ?
You cannot have the common ground shared between 2 devices when their connection is isolated galvanically and only one of them is earth grounded. Second one is floating in such setup. You have bypassed the isolation when using RCA analog cable, I can guess you will see the same result when using a ground connector provided by the amp to link it to the WiiM ground, for example any input/output RCA ground.

You cannot have the common ground shared between 2 devices when their connection is isolated galvanically and only one of them is earth grounded. Second one is floating in such setup. You have bypassed the isolation when using RCA analog cable, I can guess you will see the same result when using a ground connector provided by the amp to link it to the WiiM ground, for example any input/output RCA ground.
So, this happens to everyone that has a Wiim pro/plus and a galvanically isolated coaxial input to his integrated amp/dac or external dac?

So, this happens to everyone that has a Wiim pro/plus and a galvanically isolated coaxial input to his integrated amp/dac or external dac?
What do you mean by "this" exactly? Your issue? Or the fact that the galvanic isolation prevents establishing shared ground connection?

What do you mean by "this" exactly? Your issue? Or the fact that the galvanic isolation prevents establishing shared ground connection?
Intermittent audio through coaxial. I supposed it is due to grounding , because when connected the analog rcas the coax worked ok.

Last edited:
May be this could be a place to recommend everyone looking at earthing/grounding latest when causing problems in audio. Good idea to do that also with no audio problems but for me even more important safety reasons.

Should be not necessary in "audiophile" circles, but so much dangerous installations can be seen.

IMG_2127.jpegIMG_2128.jpeg

Back