Wiim Pro Plus not playing anything above 48kHz

HDP

Update 2:
I have reconnected the RCA cables and connected them to the PreAmp AUX. This works beautifully and I now play ultra-high-resolution music with no problems. My Polkaudio SDA 2.3TL’s sings with sonority!
Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback.

Update 1:
I adjusted the max resolution of the coaxial output to 48mHz and the problem solved. Thanks to everyone suggesting this solution! Much appreciated!

My Wiim Pro Plus is connected to a Denon preamp DAP2500 via a coaxial cable to the digital inputs on the preamp. it plays music via Spotify and Tidal beautifully but only if the resolution is below 48 mHz. As soon as I try to playback music in 96mHz, the preamp goes into standby mode. The display on the preamp changes from 44 or 48 and just blinks. Is my preamp too old? It was made in the years where 48 mHz was the top resolution. I am new at streaming so all constructive advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
My Wiim Pro Plus is connected to a Denon preamp DAP2500 via a coaxial cable to the digital inputs on the preamp. it plays music via Spotify and Tidal beautifully but only if the resolution is below 48 mHz. As soon as I try to playback music in 96mHz, the preamp goes into standby mode. The display on the preamp changes from 44 or 48 and just blinks. Is my preamp too old? It was made in the years where 48 mHz was the top resolution. I am new at streaming so all constructive advice will be appreciated.
Is the DAP2500's internal DAC 16bit/48kHz?
In that case, you need to set the Coax Output Resolution of the WiiM home app to 16/48.

You can also try out the WiiM's DAC by connecting the WiiM's Line-out to the AUX-In preamplifier.

In that case, you need to set the Coax Output Resolution of the WiiM home app to 16/48.

You can also try out the WiiM's DAC by connecting the WiiM's Line-out to the AUX-In preamplifier.
That means OP will use the internal DAC instead. AFAIK the Pro Plus has a good quality DAC anyway.

@HDP

According to the DAP-2500 manual, the DACs are 16bit/32kHz, 44.1khz, and 48kHz.

If you use the analog output of the WiiM, it seems that you need to turn off "Digital Direct" on the DAP-2500. In addition, you may want to turn on "Source Direct". 🙂

1000003751.jpg

1000003753.jpg

1000003754.jpg

Thank you! After I set the coaxial resolution the problem was solved. Thanks for your input! 🙏
That means OP will use the internal DAC instead. AFAIK the Pro Plus has a good quality DAC anyway.
Thanks! I adjusted the max resolution to 48mHz for the coaxial input and problem now solved. Thanks for your solution! 🙏

I concur. There is no sense in using the antiquated DAC in your Denon when the Pro+ has one of the best entry level chips in the market in it. Get a decent pair of RCA's and connect the WIIM to AUX on the Denon.

Back