Wiim Pro Plus - line in not working

SR1

Hello everyone. Please pardon me as i am a newbie to Wiim. After setting up the device using ethernet, connection is good using wiim's apps to stream to hifi system except using Wiim Pro Plus line in. Source is from PC using rca cable. Even after selecting under device>sound>audio input>line in, the status light turns from white to green resulting in no audio. Tested the rca cable with another system and it works fine. What am i doing wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. Please pardon me as i am a newbie to Wiim. After setting up the device using ethernet, connection is good using wiim's apps to stream to hifi system except using Wiim Pro Plus line in. Source is from PC using rca cable. Even after selecting under device>sound>audio input>line in, the status light turns from white to green resulting in no audio. Tested the rca cable with another system and it works fine. What am i doing wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated.
What are you using at the PC end?
3.5mm Jack to 2 x RCA ? plugged into what ?

I'm going to ask potentially silly questions...

If you plug headphones into the same 3.5mm hole in the pc do you hear anything?
Is the PC volume turned up?
What pro output are you using?
Are you sure you're sure you are plugged into the pro's rca inputs, not the outputs?
Is the pro's volume turned up?

There are usually 2 x 3.5mm sockets on a PC.
Blue (microphone) do not use.
Green (headphones). Use the Green but check you have some output volume - you may need it quite high as it is not a line level output.

Edit
If the PC audio is not working you could consider getting one of these
But this (same principal) is much more useful

Last edited:
Green (headphones). Use the Green but check you have some output volume - you may need it quite high as it is not a line level output.

Edit
Yeah, I didn't bother explaining why, just asked the questions!

I'm going to ask potentially silly questions...

If you plug headphones into the same 3.5mm hole in the pc do you hear anything?
Is the PC volume turned up?
What pro output are you using?
Are you sure you're sure you are plugged into the pro's rca inputs, not the outputs?
Is the pro's volume turned up?
1. Yes, the headphone works fine at the 3.5mm socket of pc.
2. PC volume is at 100%
3. Wiim Pro Plus output is connected by rca cable to amplifier's input.
4. As the rca output of Wiim is already utilized, that leaves only the rca input which is connected to the 3.5mm jack ( output ) laptop.
5. The Wiim Pro Plus's volume is set as fixed volume output.

Above all the same 3.5mm to rca cable works fine, when connected to the amplifier's rca input.

1. Yes, the headphone works fine at the 3.5mm socket of pc.
2. PC volume is at 100%
3. Wiim Pro Plus output is connected by rca cable to amplifier's input.
4. As the rca output of Wiim is already utilized, that leaves only the rca input which is connected to the 3.5mm jack ( output ) laptop.
5. The Wiim Pro Plus's volume is set as fixed volume output.

Above all the same 3.5mm to rca cable works fine, when connected to the amplifier's rca input.
Have you set the WiiM input inside the app to be Line In ?

Yeah, I didn't bother explaining why, just asked the questions!

Edit

In the original post... ;)
"Even after selecting under device>sound>audio input>line in, the status light turns from white to green.."
Are you able to test with something else other than PC e.g. a phone or tablet. If neither work then it will definitely point to the WiiM being faulty.

The Wiim Pro Plus's volume
Glad to see someone knows how to use an apostrophe properly, and when the S is required :)

But from everything you've written, I don't think I have any other questions / suggestions :(
All I can suggest is using the feedback section in the wiim app to ask wiim support for help.

Maybe just one suggestion - do you have a phone / tablet with a 3.5 headphone output? Does that work?
tbh, I don't expect it to, but at least it's one more test to show it's most likely an issue with the pro.

Glad to see someone knows how to use an apostrophe properly, and when the S is required :)

But from everything you've written, I don't think I have any other questions / suggestions :(
All I can suggest is using the feedback section in the wiim app to ask wiim support for help.

Maybe just one suggestion - do you have a phone / tablet with a 3.5 headphone output? Does that work?
tbh, I don't expect it to, but at least it's one more test to show it's most likely an issue with the pro.
Great minds

.My bad. Should have mentioned laptop instead of pc and it has only one 3.5mm socket and yes have set Wiim's input to line in.

Only further thought I have had is - did you reboot the WiiM after selecting Line In? Shouldn't be necessary but .....

Hi this may sound stupid but is the 3.5mm socket on the laptop one of those that can act as an input as well as an output. Check the laptops software, if not that another thing to check is you may have to use a cable that has has a connection for a mic if it's expecting a headset with mic.

Back