WiiM Pro Plus - Line-In Not Working

kvetcha

Hello! I just hooked up my new WiiM Pro Plus this morning, and standard output and AirPlay receiver mode looks to be working great, and sounds fine. However, I bought this unit with the intent of using the line-in and broadcast functionality to stream my analog setup to the rest of the house. I realize Airplay Cast is still in beta, so I attempted to test the functionality using both Bluetooth and standard line-out, and unfortunately I’m getting dead silence for both.

I’ve already tried swapping around the outputs on my Schiit Saga, but both appear to work fine. I’m going to swap the RCA cables themselves in case the set included with the Pro Plus are faulty, but I am otherwise out of ideas. Has anyone else run into this?

Good news. I’d just wired up my WiiM Mini’s aux out into the Pro Plus aux in, then line out into my amp and it worked ok, after a few little twiddles with the WiiM app.

Does your Pro Plus have the airplay casting beta?

Good news. I’d just wired up my WiiM Mini’s aux out into the Pro Plus aux in, then line out into my amp and it worked ok, after a few little twiddles with the WiiM app.

Does your Pro Plus have the airplay casting beta?
Hi! I am not running the beta currently, but I'm fine waiting for it to hit live release. Just wanted to test out the line-in functionality to make sure it's ready to go once the firmware hits.

Just got a Pro Plus. Looking to use line-in running from the pre-out of my receiver. Pre-out is working fine but I hear nothing from the Pro Plus with Bluetooth buds. Hear fine if I play Tidal on the Pro Plus using the app. What am I missing? Is line-in not supported yet in the current firmware release or do I have a dud?

Just got a Pro Plus. Looking to use line-in running from the pre-out of my receiver. Pre-out is working fine but I hear nothing from the Pro Plus with Bluetooth buds. Hear fine if I play Tidal on the Pro Plus using the app. What am I missing? Is line-in not supported yet in the current firmware release or do I have a dud?
I’m having issues from line in as well. It works as a pass through into an amp, but anytime I pair it to something else it doesn’t work

Hi milleph, Chucktango

The Pro Plus model indeed supports Line-in. To set Line-in as your audio source, access the WiiM Home App, go to the 'Browse' tab, scroll down to the bottom, and select the desired source input.

If you're encountering any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out by sending us feedback through the WiiM Home App. You can do this by going to the 'Settings' tab and selecting 'Feedback.' We're here to help!

Hi milleph, Chucktango

The Pro Plus model indeed supports Line-in. To set Line-in as your audio source, access the WiiM Home App, go to the 'Browse' tab, scroll down to the bottom, and select the desired source input.

If you're encountering any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out by sending us feedback through the WiiM Home App. You can do this by going to the 'Settings' tab and selecting 'Feedback.' We're here to help!
That’s the issue. The line in works when it’s only using the pro plus. When I link it to the mini, it quits working. If I’m using a non “line in” source like WiFi, I can link the mini and have it play just fine. But when I use line in as the source it stops playing. I’ve already sent a feedback message

That’s the issue. The line in works when it’s only using the pro plus. When I link it to the mini, it quits working. If I’m using a non “line in” source like WiFi, I can link the mini and have it play just fine. But when I use line in as the source it stops playing. I’ve already sent a feedback message
Thanks, Chucktango. We've successfully replicated the issue in our lab. Rest assured, we're swiftly working on a solution, which will be incorporated within the next few days. You can expect the fix to be delivered to you via OTA update by early next week.

Thank you once again for reporting this to us.

I'm a little confused by the exchange here and what is meant by 'The line in works when it’s only using the pro plus'.

I'm not trying to link a mini. I just have the narrow requirement, in this one use case, of feeding an analog audio source into the ProPlus Line In and listening on Bluetooth headphones paired with the ProPlus. In the app, Audio In is set to Line In and Audio Out is set to Bluetooth which is paired to my buds. I hear nothing although if I stream music to the ProPlus I hear it fine through my buds.

Is the OTA update mentioned here going to fix my use case or should it already be working?

I'm a little confused by the exchange here and what is meant by 'The line in works when it’s only using the pro plus'.

I'm not trying to link a mini. I just have the narrow requirement, in this one use case, of feeding an analog audio source into the ProPlus Line In and listening on Bluetooth headphones paired with the ProPlus. In the app, Audio In is set to Line In and Audio Out is set to Bluetooth which is paired to my buds. I hear nothing although if I stream music to the ProPlus I hear it fine through my buds.

Is the OTA update mentioned here going to fix my use case or should it already be working?
Have you submitted a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the Wiim home app? Your case may be related and WiiM can only determine that from your logs

For me when I said the line in is working with just the pro plus, that’s using the line out output into an amplifier, it just quits working when I try to link the mini. I haven’t tried a Bluetooth or other output options, but can give it a try later this afternoon, I suspect it’s the same issue. Can you try streaming a WiFi source instead of line in and seeing if the Bluetooth output works?(I know that’s not the end goal, just curious if it works)

@Chucktango

What do you connect to line-in when it does not work? And what do connect to it when it works fine?

Or maybe you just meant using line-in of the Plus when the Plus and the Mini are linked together in the multiroom group? Inside the WiiM Home app?

Last edited:
Ah I see. If I use the ProPlus to stream, Bluetooth output works fine to my Pixel Buds. If I then switch input to Line-In with an active audio signal on it I hear nothing. Switch back to Ethernet input and sound again.

A pre-out from a receiver which is playing a TV source that I can hear through headphones directly connected to the receiver
I guess your case is not related to the device connected to line-in of the Pro Plus, but rather to using line-in with Bluetooth out. Am I right?
And did you try any "out" option other than Bluetooth?

Well the receiver pre-out is connected to the ProPlus Line-In but yes my use case is Bluetooth out. I will try a different output tonight.

@Chucktango

What do you connect to line-in when it does not work? And what do connect to it when it works fine?

Or maybe you just meant using line-in of the Plus when the Plus and the Mini are linked together in the multiroom group? Inside the WiiM Home app?
Correct. Line in is from a turntable. It works going through the pro plus to the amp. Using the app, when I link the pro plus with the mini, changing nothing else, not only does it not play on the mini, it quits playing on the pro plus.

If I have the same set up, but use WiFi as the input it all works fine. The issue seems to be using line in input and anything other than line out output

Correct. Line in is from a turntable. It works going through the pro plus to the amp. Using the app, when I link the pro plus with the mini, changing nothing else, not only does it not play on the mini, it quits playing on the pro plus.

If I have the same set up, but use WiFi as the input it all works fine. The issue seems to be using line in input and anything other than line out output
Just to be sure, you are linking the Mini to the Plus, so the Plus is a host device?

Back