Wiim pro plus coax dropouts

steadyshot

Major Contributor
I have constant signal dropouts with Wiim pro plus and coaxial connection. Audio is cutting out intermittently and continuously resulting in a corrupted signal.

I have factory reseted Wiim pro plus and my roksan attessa integrated .

Made sure the connections were firm in both sides .

Tried both coaxial inputs .

The cable is new qed coaxial performance .

No eq 100% volume fixed 100 volume limit . 24/192 setting .

I did not have problems using it as a dac and with optical out .

I am going crazy please help

Ticket : 493796 @WiiM Support

Last edited:
I just ordered a coax>optical, optical >coax converter that has its own power source. If the optical from the WiiM converted to coax works at 192 without dropouts then the problem must be WiiM digital coax out.

Last edited:
Ok, phase 1 of my Coax test is completed. I used a Douk 2 pro DDC to stream Amazon HD Ultra 24/192 from my USB C laptop port to Douk 2 pro, then via coax cable from Douk to my Musician Draco. The signal didn't dropout once and 24/192 has been verified on both ends of the signal chain. Unfortunately it is not bit perfect through the PC, which was the reason for getting the WiiM in the first place. Later today I should get the Optical to Coax converter to reinforce my findings. I'm pretty sure that it is the WiiM pro plus that is failing to send a proper signal to my DAC. I'll wait for the optical to coax test before sending in a ticket. I'm tempted to exchange the WiiM pro plus for another in case it is defective. I am within the free return period but I'll wait for the next test.

I am relieved that it doesn't appear to be my new Draco DAC which is AMAZING.

Last edited:
Test 2: The opt to coax converter came early. The optical signal 24/192 from WiiM pro plus to converter, then coax to my Musician Draco. I've heard no dropouts at 24/192. I can safely say that the WiiM is the culprit.

Well, I can be sure that 2 devices are working fine. At the minimum some software adjustments may need some tweeking. Maybe it's just my unit?

I hope that if there is a batch issue that Wiim will issue a recall for those units.

My new PCB came from Roksan but due to holiday season they won’t be able to replace it until the 8th of January . I will bring my unit to them by 8th so I will not be able to check now if this mod does something to the relation between WiiM and my amp.

Last edited:
I hope that if there is a batch issue that Wiim will issue a recall for those units.

My new PCB came from Roksan but due to holiday season they won’t be able to replace it until the 8th of January . I will bring my unit to them by 8th so I will not be able to check now if this mod does something to the relation between WiiM and my amp.
I have ordered the WiiM pro instead of the pro plus. I discovered that I'll never use the AKM built-in DAC. The Wiim pro is on sale for $119. at Amazon.

The WiiM Pro arrived. It has the same dropout issue so it's not my ProPlus unit specifically. I received a firmware update this morning to on my Pro Plus to 4.8.539340 build date 20231221. The ProPlus still has dropouts after the update at 24/192 although they seem to be less frequent. The strange thing is that the WiiM Pro Plus release notes shows that the firmware that was released today (latest) is 4.8.537951, I think it's a typo.

So I was right, don't you think? I would guess that your DAC prefer higher voltage levels on coax input than the one which is delivered by the WiiM.

That would be a probable cause I guess. However I think WiiM should address the problem if digital signal is too low. I have looked in other forums, people have reported the same issue with WiiM streamers.

That would be a probable cause I guess. However I think WiiM should address the problem if digital signal is too low. I have looked in other forums, people have reported the same issue with WiiM streamers.
If it does it for your dac it might be detrimental to my dac . This is not so simple .

Back