Wiim pro plus coax dropouts

steadyshot

Major Contributor
I have constant signal dropouts with Wiim pro plus and coaxial connection. Audio is cutting out intermittently and continuously resulting in a corrupted signal.

I have factory reseted Wiim pro plus and my roksan attessa integrated .

Made sure the connections were firm in both sides .

Tried both coaxial inputs .

The cable is new qed coaxial performance .

No eq 100% volume fixed 100 volume limit . 24/192 setting .

I did not have problems using it as a dac and with optical out .

I am going crazy please help

Ticket : 493796 @WiiM Support

Last edited:
I do not have another coax cable to try and neither have another device that can try it .

How likely is the cable to be faulty since visually is in pristine condition ? How likely is the amps inputs to be faulty since it exhibits this issue in both coax inputs?

I have even disconnected Ethernet and tried with WiFi .

The thing is in between the cuts of the signal sound is clean . If I had interference problem shouldn’t also have it with the analog rca cables ?

The thing is in between the cuts of the signal sound is clean . If I had interference problem shouldn’t also have it with the analog rca cables ?
Is there any change even if you pull the plug of the coaxial cable a little?

Also, does the problem occur regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Is there any change even if you pull the plug of the coaxial cable a little?

Also, does the problem occur regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
no WiFi and Ethernet is the same . It is not a network issue .

You mean to pull the plug of coaxial cable outwards a little ? Does this work for you ?

Last edited:
no WiFi and Ethernet is the same . It is not a network issue .

You mean to pull the plug of coaxial cable outwards a little ? Does this work for you ?
I don't know the cause, so I've just made possible suggestions. 😐
Considering that you have already tried every solution, it feels more likely that it is broken.

I don't know the cause, so I've just made possible suggestions. 😐
Considering that you have already tried every solution, it feels more likely that it is broken.
The Wiim , the cable , roksan both inputs? I have contacted qed with a ticket. Can the cable be damaged if there are visually no signs of damage ?

The Wiim , the cable , roksan both inputs? I have contacted qed with a ticket. Can the cable be damaged if there are visually no signs of damage ?
You must have another cable to try, surely? Even if just one half of the wiim supplied rca cable.
That should allow you to rule things out.

Sorry, I don't know.

You have several WiiMs, right?
If you use it to test some connections, you may be able to identify where the cause is.
Have you done it yet?

I have tested the supplied rca . The white part in both sides. It does the same
So I'd be pretty confident it's not the cable.
It also seems unlikely that both coax inputs on the amp are to blame, but the only way to know for sure would be to have a different coax source.
And you have no other dac / amp / avr with a coax input to test the wiim output?

So I'd be pretty confident it's not the cable.
It also seems unlikely that both coax inputs on the amp are to blame, but the only way to know for sure would be to have a different coax source.
And you have no other dac / amp / avr with a coax input to test the wiim output?
No I don’t have another amp dac etc …

No I don’t have another amp dac etc …
Hi steadyshot - I experience the same issue, and this is using a coax cable I made myself using military spec 75ohm coax. It drops out as you have explained on every setting except for CD quality. There is no issue when using the optical output. It would appear to be an issue with the WiiM Pro Plus. Everything else is OK, just when using the coax output. Keep pressing Wiim for a fix as I am experiencing the same issue. I am retired from my working career in electronics engineering and it does seem to be a technical issue with the WiiM Pro Plus.

Hi steadyshot - I experience the same issue, and this is using a coax cable I made myself using military spec 75ohm coax. It drops out as you have explained on every setting except for CD quality. There is no issue when using the optical output. It would appear to be an issue with the WiiM Pro Plus. Everything else is OK, just when using the coax output. Keep pressing Wiim for a fix as I am experiencing the same issue. I am retired from my working career in electronics engineering and it does seem to be a technical issue with the WiiM Por Plus.
It happens also in CD quality in my case. The fix could be that you need a replacement if the coax is faulty . Could it be something wrong in the firmware of the device ? If yes why others don’t have this issue?

It happens also in CD quality in my case. The fix could be that you need a replacement if the coax is faulty . Could it be something wrong in the firmware of the device ? If yes why others don’t have this issue
I suspect it may well be an issue with the WiiM Pro Plus - seeing we are both reporting the same issue. I have given up using the coax out, and have had to resort to using the analogue output - I am using the optical output to drive other devices.

Back