Wiim pro plus coax dropouts

steadyshot

Major Contributor
I have constant signal dropouts with Wiim pro plus and coaxial connection. Audio is cutting out intermittently and continuously resulting in a corrupted signal.

I have factory reseted Wiim pro plus and my roksan attessa integrated .

Made sure the connections were firm in both sides .

Tried both coaxial inputs .

The cable is new qed coaxial performance .

No eq 100% volume fixed 100 volume limit . 24/192 setting .

I did not have problems using it as a dac and with optical out .

I am going crazy please help

Ticket : 493796 @WiiM Support

Last edited:
I suspect it may well be an issue with the WiiM Pro Plus - seeing we are both reporting the same issue. I have given up using the coax out, and have had to resort to using the analogue output - I am using the optical output to drive other devices.
You should not keep a device that is faulty . Even if other outputs work . You should ask for a replacement

I got an unknown error occurred after running the update and a message to restart my device . It shows November 29 though in the firmware section . Previously I had the firmware of November 21

I got it now let’s see

I got an unknown error occurred after running the update and a message to restart my device . It shows November 29 though in the firmware section . Previously I had the firmware of November 21

I got it now let’s see
My firmware is still set at November 21. Anyone else reading this experiencing the same issue? All else works fine - just an issue with the coax output.

I got it now let’s see
Have you also updated the firmware on the Roksan Attessa?
Looking at the measurements on ASR of the Roksan Attessa DAC you might be better off using the Pro Plus DAC.

Have you also updated the firmware on the Roksan Attessa?
Looking at the measurements on ASR of the Roksan Attessa DAC you might be better off using the Pro Plus DAC.
Yes I have updated . I prefer the dac in Attessa , and that is irrelevant

If I have the analog rca cables attached between Wiim pro plus and attessa , I don’t have drop outs from coax. If I remove them I have constant signal cuts from coax . How is that possible?

If I have the analog rca cables attached between Wiim pro plus and attessa , I don’t have drop outs from coax. If I remove them I have constant signal cuts from coax . How is that possible?
The RCA cables are acting as a grounding cable?

Do you plug everything into a power board / strip?
If so, does it have a usb socket? Do you use that for the wiim, or anything else?

Try going right back to basics.
All you need is the wiim, roksan and speakers.
Plug both the wiim and roksan directly into the wall sockets and connect just the coax between them.
Do you still get issues?

Do you plug everything into a power board / strip?
If so, does it have a usb socket? Do you use that for the wiim, or anything else?

Try going right back to basics.
All you need is the wiim, roksan and speakers.
Plug both the wiim and roksan directly into the wall sockets and connect just the coax between them.
Do you still get issues?
I have them all plugged in a good hospital grade power strip . I have only one plug in the wall available nearby

What else is plugged in?
If just the wiim and roksan are plugged in, do you still have issues?
Yes I have only by the two of them connected if I don’t attach the rca cables also.

I have a tv , a tp link working as a client mode to convert WiFi to Ethernet and give Ethernet to Wiim . Roksan with supra 2.5 spc power cable and ifi power x to power Wiim

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    IMG_0118.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 9
The thing is the ground problem that the rca cables solve come from the pro plus ? Do others with pro plus have these issues except @deejays

I don’t want to keep a faulty device because later other problems can occur . Even if it works now with workarounds. I bought pro plus specifically for Ethernet and coax and of course to try the dac and I am not willing to constantly change devices

Given the issue goes away by connecting the rca cables between the two devices I'm suggesting you unplug absolutely everything that's not necessary to see if you still have this issue with the absolute basics, or if something else is contributing.

Literally have just the wiim (on wifi) and roksan plugged into the power strip, maybe even using the wiim supplied usb adapter, and the only connection being the coax between wiim and amp (and, of course, amp to speakers!).

If no good that way, well, damn...
But If all good that way, start to change things one by one, such as use the ifi power supply and test again, then go back to ethernet and try again.

Given the issue goes away by connecting the rca cables between the two devices I'm suggesting you unplug absolutely everything that's not necessary to see if you still have this issue with the absolute basics, or if something else is contributing.

Literally have just the wiim (on wifi) and roksan plugged into the power strip, maybe even using the wiim supplied usb adapter, and the only connection being the coax between wiim and amp (and, of course, amp to speakers!).

If no good that way, well, damn...
But If all good that way, start to change things one by one, such as use the ifi power supply and test again, then go back to ethernet and try again.
I have tried only WiFi and only two devices on the strip . No good without the rca cables. Only optical works without rca cables

This issue is probably specific to your set up when using a coax digital cable, which can transmit electrical noise between devices unlike an optical cable. It does not necessarily indicate a fault with the Pro Plus.

I have tried only WiFi and only two devices on the strip . No good without the rca cables. Only optical works without rca cables
Well, hospitals are for sick people... try another power strip! :ROFLMAO:
On the bright side, at least you have a solution, and if you don't plan to use the pro's dac then using the so-so supplied rcas simply for grounding costs nothing and fixes everything.

For extreme troubleshooting, unplug everything else on the same house circuit and test again!

Back