WiiM Pro+ to Yamaha A-S3200: issue w/trigger ?

Agon123

I accidently posted this in another sub-forum so hopefully it's cool that I'm reposting it here where I had intended:

Hi All,
As the title says, I'm using the trigger out of my WiiM Pro Plus to bring my Yamaha A-S3200 out of power standby. I connect the RCA out to the Line 1 input of the A-S3200 and the function works as advertised, except for one issue: When I begin a new listening session after both devices have been in standby, the Input selection on the Yamaha has moved to Main Direct, requiring me to manually switch to Line 1. Does this happy to anyone else, either on the this integrated amp or a different brand?

Removing the 12v trigger wire gets rid of this behavior as does using the Main Direct input instead of Line 1. But I prefer connecting the RCA out to Line In rather than Main Direct as this lets me use my headphones whenever I prefer -- using the Main Direct input disables the headphone amp.

The manual for the Yamaha does help and I haven't seen this problem posted elsewhere so I thought I'd begin by asking other WiiM Pro + users.

Thanks!

It looks to me as if this was a deliberate (but really cheesy) design decisions by Yamaha:

IMG_20240329_202823.jpg

Why, just why? There seems to be no way to configure the trigger action.

Last edited:
It looks to me as if this was a deliberate (but really cheesy) design decisions by Yamaha:

View attachment 5986

Why, just why? There seems.to be no way to configure the trigger action.
D'Oh :oops: . I don't know how I missed this page in the manual. Thanks for the assist.

Since there's no way to have my cake and eat it to, so I decided to have two RCA cables connected, one each for the Line 1 and Main Direct inputs, but leave the Main Direct RCA cable connected to the WPP all of the time. And then manually connect the RCA Line 1 cables in those instances when I need to use headphones.

Back