WIIM PRO shutting off Yamaha receiver!

mass15181518

Has anyone else have this issue? My WIIM will cause the receiver to shutt off completely. I know the problem is caused by WIIM because If I cast music from the YAMAHA music cast there is no issue.
I have reached out to WIIM support and have not received any feedback.

Not really happy with the product thus far.

Can anyone let me know if they have experienced this?

Has anyone else have this issue? My WIIM will cause the receiver to shutt off completely. I know the problem is caused by WIIM because If I cast music from the YAMAHA music cast there is no issue.
I have reached out to WIIM support and have not received any feedback.

Not really happy with the product thus far.

Can anyone let me know if they have experienced this?
Can you tell us a little more about the situation?

Are WiiM and receiver analog connections?
What is the model name of the receiver?

Can you tell us a little more about the situation?

Are WiiM and receiver analog connections?
What is the model name of the receiver?
WIIM are not connected to each other. Music is casted via tidal connect.

Yamaha RX-A2A.

At first I thought it was the receiver the issue, so I change the receiver thinking it was defective and the same issue occurs.

WIIM are not connected to each other. Music is casted via tidal connect.

Yamaha RX-A2A.

At first I thought it was the receiver the issue, so I change the receiver thinking it was defective and the same issue occurs.
WiiM and A2A are not connected by cable?

If you are connecting the WiiM Line-out to the A2A Line-In, try setting the "Line Out Level" to 500mVrms in the "Audio Settings" of the WiiM home app.

Yes the are connect RCA .

Turntable - WIIM( LINE IN) - WIIM (LINE OUT) -- YAMAHA RECEIVER (PHONO)

should it be connected another way?
I think there's a problem with that connection. Does the turntable have a line-out?

If so, connect the WiiM line-out to the receiver's Audio-in (RCA).

I think there's a problem with that connection. Does the turntable have a line-out?

If so, connect the WiiM line-out to the receiver's Audio-in (RCA).
It's a older turntable so there is only an RCA wire coming out of it.
I dont believe this is the issue though because I too thought this was the issue and had disconnected the turntable completely from the WIMM and the same problem occurred.

It's a older turntable so there is only an RCA wire coming out of it.
I dont believe this is the issue though because I too thought this was the issue and had disconnected the turntable completely from the WIMM and the same problem occurred.
Do not connect the WiiM to the A2A's Phono input. Connect to one of Audio 3-5.

1000002331.jpg

I have no connections to the turntable/WIIM/receiver. I am still having the same issue even after your recommendations!

Sorry, but you just wrote this.
--------
WIIM (LINE OUT) - YAMAHA RECEIVER (PHONO)
--------

Let me just check it one more time.
Is the WiiM line-out connected to the A2A phono-in?

You need to connect the WiiM line-out to the A2A audio-in.

As @Wiimer said, you should NOT connect the WiiM’s RCA analog output to your amp’s phono input as it’s probably overloading the amp and causing it to turn off.

Just because you may have had your turntable previously plugged into the phono input and now have a WiiM Pro sitting in between them does not mean you can continue to use the phono input. You must use a line level input on your amp for the connection of a WiiM Pro, using either the audio 3, 4 or 5 connections previously indicated.

Sorry, but you just wrote this.
--------
WIIM (LINE OUT) - YAMAHA RECEIVER (PHONO)
--------

Let me just check it one more time.
Is the WiiM line-out connected to the A2A phono-in?

You need to connect the WiiM line-out to the A2A audio-in.
Yes the connection was this way, however before I wrote to you I figured this might have been an issue so I disconnected. Issue still happened.

How do I connect the WIIM to the Yahama receiver?

Back