Wiin Pro + Qed Quartz optical 192 Mhz can't work

Zardoz

Hello everyone, I purchased a QED REFERENCE OPTICAL QUARTZ 1 meter cable for my PRO Plus, in the hope of further increasing the quality, I connected it to my Merging Hapi which has no electrical input. The sound obtained seems good to me but the music at 192 Mhz don't play while with the Wiim cable they have no problems, do you have any suggestions?

The stock optical that came from wiim can reach 192 without issue. I don’t see point of replacing what comes in box unless you just want to waste money.

Because it is certainly less likely to break than Wiim's
How often would you be moving or bending the cable to make that an issue? It's fairly common knowledge that optical cables from any source have a minimum bending radius and as long as you let the cable bend naturally and don't force it into sharp bends, then it'll be fine.

Guys you both understood wrong the “how do you know” question and it was a clear as it could be. So , how do you know @Smartplug that it is a waste of money .

According to this source there are measurable differences in the depiction of the square wave and other differences .

And the #$64000 question, are those differences audible?

And the #$64000 question, are those differences audible?

This question cannot be easily proved and it is a very complex one .But again it could be under some circumstances it could be , but not under some others. I don’t want to discuss audibility since it is a dead end discussion !

Last edited:
Isn't simply the good feeling enough? Why writing about "wasting money" when it is other people's money? Everyone has an own budget and this is not to judge. Personally I do not believe in "Kabelklang", but I love good haptic and look in a range I can afford. Luxury in small portions 😉

Last edited:
I also have a Qed toslink cable, it's more perfect than bit-perfect, but I prefer to use the cable that came with the WiiM. Period.
ok I'll have to do this too, but do you have the same problem with 192 mhz? I would like to understand if the problem is the interfacing with Merging Hapi

Because it is certainly less likely to break than Wiim's
How’s it’s going to break unless you’re putting weight on it? It’s just passing bit stream. Wiim did not put that cable if is not reliable in fact once it click it’s tight and secured.

Updates, I borrowed a Chord Mojo and with the QED cable it works perfectly even at 192 Mhz, so the problem is between the QED cable and the Hapi Merging Dac interface, it remains to be understood why the Wiim cable works and QED doesn't, but that's okay, we know one more thing

Back