Adding a Wiim pro or pro plus with PS Audio Sprout 100

Atom

My current setup is a Fluance rt85 turntable, PS Audio Sprout 100 as my phono preamp and dac, and a pair of Elac DBR-62 speakers. I am wanting to add a Wiim pro or pro plus to the set-up to stream my turntable to other rooms in my house with wifi speakers and also stream from streaming sources as well. Does anyone have a Sprout 100 with a Wiim? Is this possible and are there any problems you've encountered? Thanks for the help in advance.

My current setup is a Fluance rt85 turntable, PS Audio Sprout 100 as my phono preamp and dac, and a pair of Elac DBR-62 speakers. I am wanting to add a Wiim pro or pro plus to the set-up to stream my turntable to other rooms in my house with wifi speakers and also stream from streaming sources as well. Does anyone have a Sprout 100 with a Wiim? Is this possible and are there any problems you've encountered? Thanks for the help in advance.
There have been a few posts mentioning Sprout - do a search! ;)

It sounds like you want to connect the sprout's analog out (I don't know if that's variable or fixed volume) to the wiim's analog in, and then (somehow) get that to play on speakers elsewhere. What speakers? i.e. it might require multiple wiims, or similar.

The pro plus has a 'better' analog to digital stage than the pro,, so might be the better choice for streaming the turntable (connecting to the sprout.
(No, I can't quantify how much better!)
The pro plus also has a better DAC stage than the pro, but maybe not better than the Sprout. That'd be for you to decide!

The Sprout has an analog output. So you should be able to connect the analog output of the Sprout to the Line In on the WiiM and have the turntable play through the WiiM.

Will the WiiM stream the Line In input to a bunch of speakers? The answer is it depends. According to the manual, yes for Airplay speakers. No, for Amazon Echos/Alexa speakers. I don't think so for Chromecast speakers.

The Sprout has an analog output. So you should be able to connect the analog output of the Sprout to the Line In on the WiiM and have the turntable play through the WiiM.

Will the WiiM stream the Line In input to a bunch of speakers? The answer is it depends. According to the manual, yes for Airplay speakers. No, for Amazon Echos/Alexa speakers. I don't think so for Chromecast speakers.
WiiM will play to a group of other WiiM devices, or via airplay casting, to a group of airplay speakers. It doesn't have ChromeCast casting ability, nor what Amazon call line in distribution (on the Echo Link/Amp) to echo devices.

Back