Audio dropouts using line outs with Pro Plus

cplachy

I'm getting continual audio dropouts while using the RCA line outs exclusively playing Amazon music. I've given "Feedback" and the company has been pretty supportive, however nothing has worked. They had me turn off Preferred DNS; reset the Wi-Fi to 2.4GHz only: Update to a new "specific" firmware. The Wi-Fi signal is registering as "Very Good" It will now play fine for about 8 minutes, then the dropouts happen randomly and frequently, every 30 - 45 seconds. Unfortunately, after I last asked requested that I return this unit and they send me a replacement, has the support stopped. Anyone else fin a solution to this? I really like the sound, when it's working. Thanks!

I'm getting continual audio dropouts while using the RCA line outs exclusively playing Amazon music. I've given "Feedback" and the company has been pretty supportive, however nothing has worked. They had me turn off Preferred DNS; reset the Wi-Fi to 2.4GHz only: Update to a new "specific" firmware. The Wi-Fi signal is registering as "Very Good" It will now play fine for about 8 minutes, then the dropouts happen randomly and frequently, every 30 - 45 seconds. Unfortunately, after I last asked requested that I return this unit and they send me a replacement, has the support stopped. Anyone else fin a solution to this? I really like the sound, when it's working. Thanks!
You can also try an Ethernet connection to determine the cause of the problem.
Also, does the audio dropout occur only with the RCA output?

[edit]
You can also check your router's settings. For example, if you have "band steering" enabled, you may experience problems with WiiM operation.

Last edited:
Thank you for responding! I replaced the unit through Amazon and hooked up both the line out and Optical out this time. I am unable to connect directly to Ethernet due to placement. Last night I listened through line outs and it dropped out repeatedly again. Currently I'm listening through Optical, and it's been almost 20 minutes without a drop. I was hoping to utilize the internal DAC, tho.
I'm not familiar with the "band steering" you mentioned. Is that on my router, or the WIIM amp? Thanks!

Thank you for responding! I replaced the unit through Amazon and hooked up both the line out and Optical out this time. I am unable to connect directly to Ethernet due to placement. Last night I listened through line outs and it dropped out repeatedly again. Currently I'm listening through Optical, and it's been almost 20 minutes without a drop. I was hoping to utilize the internal DAC, tho.
I'm not familiar with the "band steering" you mentioned. Is that on my router, or the WIIM amp? Thanks!
WIIM App, that is.

Band steering is a feature of the router.

However, if there is no drop in the optical output, I don't think it's a Wi-Fi issue.
If the RCA cable is too long, it can cause problems. Also, can you try other RCA cables?

Back