Disconnection issues - music stops streaming

kalozo

I have two issues with the Wiim mini that are happening so frequently it is unusable.

1) While casting from the Amazon App, the music just stops playing. The Amazon music app is no longer connected to the mini and can't reconnect. This has happened 3 times this morning in less than an hour

2) While casting from the Amazon App, the app disconnects from the mini and can't reconnect. In this situation the music continues to stream on the mini

In both situations the only way I can connect the Amazon app is to clear the app cache and force a stop.

I am using using Amazon Music App on Android either from a Galaxy A54 or an Amazon Fire HD tablet. All apps are on the latest version. I have a mesh network configuration with 3 nodes. The mesh and internet connectivity is solid with no issues - the mini shows wi-fi strength as very good when checking immediately after the issues have happened.

The only support advice has been to switch off preferred DNS. This has made no difference. Wiim are no longer responding to my support requests.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have got to the stage where I am going to return the mini to Amazon as faulty and get a replacement to see if that fixes the issues.

I can't see any way to tie the smartphone to one node only. Plus the purpose of mesh is to be able to seamlessly transition between nodes so you pick up the strongest signal. So I would end up with poor signal when using the phone in other parts of the house so this doesn't see like a viable workaround.

Smartphones have very strong anthena. I am using 3 nodes in my house but I am able to use phone tied just to one.
What kind of mesh You have there? Asus?

Same exact issue with me. Happens constantly.
Hi ktkhockey, kalozo

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with casting Amazon Music. To better assist you, could you please try two quick troubleshooting steps (if you haven't already):

• Open the WiiM Home App and log into your Amazon Music account. Once logged in, try streaming audio directly from the app. I'm curious, do you encounter similar stuttering or stopping problems as you do when using Amazon Music within its own app?
  • Limit the maximal resolution of your optical output to 96k/24-bit. You can do so by selecting the ‘Device' tab > Tap the 'Device setting gear icon' > Audio Settings > SPDIF Output Resolution. Please choose sample rate as 96 kHz, bit depth as 24 bits.
This will help us pinpoint whether the issue is linked to your network connection or potentially a hardware-related matter. Your feedback on this would be immensely helpful!

Last edited:
I have tried the following:

1) Reduce the sample rate as suggested - this had no impact and Amazon music app continues to disconnect
2) Casting from within the WiiM Home app is stable and does not disconnect
3) I can cast from Amazon music app to an Alexa echo (located next to the mini) and there are no disconnection issues

So by process of elimination, the issue seems to be casting from the Amazon music app to the mini. This fails and disconnects across all source devices - Galaxy A54, Amazon Fire HD8 and a Lenovo Chromebook

Hi Kalozo,

Thank you for reaching out and for the detailed information regarding your experience. We truly appreciate the effort you've put into troubleshooting this issue.

Based on your description, it sounds like the issue is specific to casting from the Amazon Music app to the mini, as it works fine when casting to other devices and within the WiiM Home app itself. We believe this might be related to a software bug rather than a hardware defect.

Our team is currently working to replicate the issue in our lab. Rest assured, we are prioritizing this and will do our utmost to resolve it as quickly as possible. We understand how important it is for your experience to be seamless and we're committed to ensuring that.

We will keep you updated on our progress and any solutions or workarounds we discover. In the meantime, if you have any further information or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this.

I have also tried the suggestion of changing the battery policy for the Amazon music app. Both Unrestricted and Restriced settings still have the same issue.

I have also tried the suggestion of changing the battery policy for the Amazon music app. Both Unrestricted and Restriced settings still have the same issue.
Hi Kalozo,

Thanks for this additional information. We'll troubleshoot this more. It happens only on a minimal number of devices.

Hi Kalozo,

Thank you for reaching out and for the detailed information regarding your experience. We truly appreciate the effort you've put into troubleshooting this issue.

Based on your description, it sounds like the issue is specific to casting from the Amazon Music app to the mini, as it works fine when casting to other devices and within the WiiM Home app itself. We believe this might be related to a software bug rather than a hardware defect.

Our team is currently working to replicate the issue in our lab. Rest assured, we are prioritizing this and will do our utmost to resolve it as quickly as possible. We understand how important it is for your experience to be seamless and we're committed to ensuring that.

We will keep you updated on our progress and any solutions or workarounds we discover. In the meantime, if you have any further information or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this.
You say casting… not chromecasting or alexacasting as the Mini does not support those, right?

Back