Amazon disconnect issues - WiiM support not responding

kalozo

Hi,

I am casting from Amazon Music to a WiiM mini from Android (Galaxy A54). The connection keeps dropping every few minutes and the only way I can reconnect is clear Amazon Music cache and force stop the app.

This makes the WiiM unusable.

I have raised a ticket with WiiM through feedback and answered their questions and then nothing.

I am getting close to returning the mini.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Where do I find my ticket number? All my tickets in the app just have a date and time?
Hi kalozo

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with casting Amazon Music. To better assist you, could you please try two quick troubleshooting steps (if you haven't already):

1. Open the WiiM Home App and log into your Amazon Music account. Once logged in, try streaming audio directly from the app. I'm curious, do you encounter similar stuttering or stopping problems as you do when using Amazon Music within its own app?
  2. Limit the maximal resolution of your optical output to 96k/24-bit. You can do so by selecting the ‘Device' tab > Tap the 'Device setting gear icon' > Audio Settings > SPDIF Output Resolution. Please choose sample rate as 96 kHz, bit depth as 24 bits.
This will help us pinpoint whether the issue is linked to your network connection or potentially hardware-related. Your feedback on this would be immensely helpful!

Back