Wiim Pro EQ

JCS01

I understand that the Wiim Pro and Plus both have parametric EQ built in and that this is big advantage over the Mini. My question is whether the EQ still works if I am using the optical output from the Pro and, therefore, not using the DAC in the Wiim? Thanks.

I understand that the Wiim Pro and Plus both have parametric EQ built in and that this is big advantage over the Mini. My question is whether the EQ still works if I am using the optical output from the Pro and, therefore, not using the DAC in the Wiim? Thank
wiim mini, or pro, or plus have the same mode eq and mode peq...

Last edited:
I have both a Mini and a Pro. Graphic equalizer works for both. When I try the parametric equalizer, both shows a partial screen with no buttons nor fields for me to doing anything. The app version is 2.8.6. Anyone has similar problem? Thanks!

Done that on my iPad. No change :=( Maybe I have to reset setting for Pro and Mini to default and re-install.

Found the problem. My iPad is too old. My Samsung phone supports PEQ for both the Mini and the Pro.

It is a hand-me-down iPad Air. Software Version is 12.5.7.

Maybe you can update the ROM on the iPad, I did on my Android, it would not even run WiinHome and now it runs everything great.

By ROM, do you mean the iOS? iOS 12 is the last one from Apple that supports my iPad Air. That is why my wife bought a new one and handed this one down to me for music streaming :=)

I guess it is, I am not an apple guy, android, etc....I forget the site but there is a big one, rather complex to dig out what you need, tons of android stuff, might have apples as well on custom OS upgrades, they call them ROM maybe cause they are firmware instead of an OS or combo of both?

If you search I bet you can find a source, or a few, that would help you figure out if you can upgrade it.

Back