Adaptive EQ

Giro413

Recently heard in a YouTube review of the WiiM lineup that the systems allegedly feature “Adaptive EQ”. Searching for that term led me to a couple of marketing write up’s where it is mentioned, but nothing on how or if this has even been released. Was this ever released or maybe just not supported on the WiiM Pro Plus?

Recently heard in a YouTube review of the WiiM lineup that the systems allegedly feature “Adaptive EQ”. Searching for that term led me to a couple of marketing write up’s where it is mentioned, but nothing on how or if this has even been released. Was this ever released or maybe just not supported on the WiiM Pro Plus?
This was asked on the wiim facebook page recently too.
Seems to just be a marketing dream at the moment!

Last edited:
"adaptative eq" = "room correction" ?
This is what the website said/says, but WiiM said they’d be removing it. I don’t read it as being the same as room correction.
”Adaptive EQ
Breakthrough listening experience requires both high-res audio content and a high-quality playback device . When adaptive EQ is enabled, the music genre information and other tags included in the audio content are used to adjust the frequency in real time by bringing in rich audio to capture every music detail or make human voices clearer in the podcast.”

This is what the website said/says, but WiiM said they’d be removing it. I don’t read it as being the same as room correction.
”Adaptive EQ
Breakthrough listening experience requires both high-res audio content and a high-quality playback device . When adaptive EQ is enabled, the music genre information and other tags included in the audio content are used to adjust the frequency in real time by bringing in rich audio to capture every music detail or make human voices clearer in the podcast.”
I didn't know this approch...
(seems a bit of a gadget to me as a function or for pro use...:oops: )

but can already seriously enrich the peq mode, see also the sub amp functions and an auto level adaptation mode depending on the correction (problem known since spring 22) ....will already be a good thing. ..

do well what we already do...

(as a very important French politician said synically "promises only bind those who listen to them")

Last edited:
Just hope that nobody is asking for "bit perfect playback" and "adaptive EQ" at the same time. ;)

I don't see a real point in adaptive EQ. Exception: For digital all-in-one speakers adaptive EQ allows good bass extension at lower levels, while protecting the woofer from overload at higher levels.

Just hope that nobody is asking for "bit perfect playback" and "adaptive EQ" at the same time. ;)

I don't see a real point in adaptive EQ. Exception: For digital all-in-one speakers adaptive EQ allows good bass extension at lower levels, while protecting the woofer from overload at higher levels.
Yeah, tbh it looks like some definition plucked from somewhere else when the marketing/website folk were looking for a paragraph about EQ…

If you find yourself using the default EQ settings for different types of music, having the device switch from ie. Rock to Hip hop automatically would be a nice feature. I am aware that any digital EQ’ing is not bit perfect and might be frowned upon in audiophile circles. My ears just often have me agreeing with the default EQ’s when listening on my system, so that’s what I tend to go with. 😀

I am aware that any digital EQ’ing is not bit perfect and might be frowned upon in audiophile circles.
👍🏼

My ears just often have me agreeing with the default EQ’s when listening on my system, so that’s what I tend to go with. 😀
I absolutely accept your point, even if I don't share it. :) Looks like this feature isn't coming anyway, but should WiiM change their mind I just ask for it to be enabled on user request, only.

Back