Sub Static + 2 FEATURE REQUESTS

jbnati

I’m absolutely LOVING the WiiM amp now that I’ve trouble shot most of my problems.

Newest issue:

My Subwoofer has a very low level constant static tone (not ground loop hum) and it’s clearly receiving signal from WiiM Amp because it has a blue led that turns on automatically when it receives signal. If there’s no signal, it turns yellow and goes into standby.

• It’s the same sub, cable, and power strip that I was using with my previous sound bar
  • Sound bar sent no signal when nothing was playing and the sub would correctly go into standby
  • The lights on WiiM never go off, and it honestly seems like it never goes into standby or is even possible to turn off
FEATURE REQUEST 1: Auto Off for Sub Output

- Please make the Amp have an “Auto Off” feature for the subwoofer when no signal is playing through it. I know there is a sub on/off toggle in the app, but it’s buried in the UI and not even in settings afaik. It should really just kick off when nothing is playing.

FEATURE REQUEST 2: USB listed under Inputs

-
Can we get the APP to have “USB” listed under “Sources” so you don’t have to go to “home sharing” and click through 6 menus to access music on an external drive? I feel like I heard this might be coming…. Disregard if it is.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I’m absolutely LOVING the WiiM amp now that I’ve trouble shot most of my problems.

Newest issue:

My Subwoofer has a very low level constant static tone (not ground loop hum) and it’s clearly receiving signal from WiiM Amp because it has a blue led that turns on automatically when it receives signal. If there’s no signal, it turns yellow and goes into standby.

• It’s the same sub, cable, and power strip that I was using with my previous sound bar
  • Sound bar sent no signal when nothing was playing and the sub would correctly go into standby
  • The lights on WiiM never go off, and it honestly seems like it never goes into standby or is even possible to turn off
FEATURE REQUEST 1: Auto Off for Sub Output

- Please make the Amp have an “Auto Off” feature for the subwoofer when no signal is playing through it. I know there is a sub on/off toggle in the app, but it’s buried in the UI and not even in settings afaik. It should really just kick off when nothing is playing.

FEATURE REQUEST 2: USB listed under Inputs

-
Can we get the APP to have “USB” listed under “Sources” so you don’t have to go to “home sharing” and click through 6 menus to access music on an external drive? I feel like I heard this might be coming…. Disregard if it is.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Hi Jbnati,

First off, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for the WiiM Amp! We're glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Regarding the issue with your subwoofer's constant static tone, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our team is already looking into this and aims to resolve it promptly. Please stay tuned for updates on this.

Regarding your subwoofer going into standby mode, your suggestion for an 'Auto Off' feature for the subwoofer output is indeed insightful. We understand the importance of such functionality and will consider integrating it in future updates. Your feedback is crucial in helping us enhance the user experience.

As for the USB input accessibility, I'm happy to confirm that our latest iOS and Android apps support this feature. You should find 'USB' listed under the 'Browse' tab > 'My Library' section, allowing easier access to music on external drives. If you're encountering any difficulties with this, please ensure your app is updated to the latest version. We are here to assist if you need further guidance or if you have any other suggestions or questions regarding this functionality.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for being a part of our community. Your input is instrumental in helping us improve.

Thanks for the reply! I already wrote you a 5 ⭐️ review on Amazon and specifically mentioned the forum support, and quick firmware/ software updates. Keep up the good work!

Just want to say I’m having the same exact issue with my powered sub. Will not go to sleep or shutdown when plugged into my Wiim Amp and has a buzzing/humming sound constantly. I know the sub works fine since when I pull the RCA out it will go to sleep/shut down automatically and turn on again as soon as I plugged it back in even though the Wiim Amp shows as in standby.

I sent wiim about buzz/pop sound on sub via wiim amp. I did not get answer.

Just want to say I’m having the same exact issue with my powered sub. Will not go to sleep or shutdown when plugged into my Wiim Amp and has a buzzing/humming sound constantly. I know the sub works fine since when I pull the RCA out it will go to sleep/shut down automatically and turn on again as soon as I plugged it back in even though the Wiim Amp shows as in standby.
Hi Somi,

"If your WiiM Amp is connected via HDMI Arc or optical input, please enable the auto-sensing feature in the WiiM Home App. There's a known bug that hinders the Amp from entering standby mode when using HDMI or optical input without auto-sensing enabled. We encourage you to try this solution and share whether it resolves your issue. Our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Hello, I have the exact same problem, I received the wiim amp 2 weeks ago and since then once the amp goes to stand by mode, sends audio signal to the subwoofer, same behavior, low volume hum / static noise.

The subwoofer setup is exactly as I had with my previous amplifier.

-HDMI ARC and optical auto-sensing is already enabled.

-PCB version: 5

Has anyone figure it out how to solve this issue? Should I return the unit?

Hello, I have the exact same problem, I received the wiim amp 2 weeks ago and since then once the amp goes to stand by mode, sends audio signal to the subwoofer, same behavior, low volume hum / static noise.

The subwoofer setup is exactly as I had with my previous amplifier.

-HDMI ARC and optical auto-sensing is already enabled.

-PCB version: 5

Has anyone figure it out how to solve this issue? Should I return the unit?
Please send a feedback ticket to us. We're not aware of this issue and will take a look at this immediately.

Back