NO OUTPUT to L/R Speakers after todays Firmware

jbnati

I updated the firmware today and was hoping it fixed the sub static, now tonight upon trying to watch tv, I was getting NOTHING out of my brand new main towers hooked up to the WiiM amp. They had been playing fine every day since Christmas. I don’t know what’s happening with the internal routing, but I didn’t change anything, and now I have sound out of the main L/R speakers.

I tried HDMI and USB media, and it was ONLY sending a signal to the subwoofer.

I was super excited about this amp and platform, but I’m experiencing so many issues with it.

Attachments

• IMG_6942.png
    IMG_6942.png
    866.5 KB · Views: 8
Try doing a full reset. I'm on the latest firmware and it's driving my stereo speakers without an issue.

I updated the firmware today and was hoping it fixed the sub static, now tonight upon trying to watch tv, I was getting NOTHING out of my brand new main towers hooked up to the WiiM amp. They had been playing fine every day since Christmas. I don’t know what’s happening with the internal routing, but I didn’t change anything, and now I have sound out of the main L/R speakers.

I tried HDMI and USB media, and it was ONLY sending a signal to the subwoofer.

I was super excited about this amp and platform, but I’m experiencing so many issues with it.
Hi jbnati,

Could you submit a ticket for us to examine the issue right away? In the meantime, try unplugging your Amp, wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this resolves the problem. I appreciate your patience.

Hi jbnati,

Could you submit a ticket for us to examine the issue right away? In the meantime, try unplugging your Amp, wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this resolves the problem. I appreciate your patience.
I just pulled the plug and waited a bit then plugged it back it. It worked. Apparently it needed a full power cycle after that update. I know the last part of the update reboots, but it must not have fully restarted.

I just pulled the plug and waited a bit then plugged it back it. It worked. Apparently it needed a full power cycle after that update. I know the last part of the update reboots, but it must not have fully restarted.
Happy to hear it's working for you now. I'll escalate this to our team with an internal ticket for further investigation. Ideally, a full power cycle shouldn't be necessary for updates to take effect.

Happy to hear it's working for you now. I'll escalate this to our team with an internal ticket for further investigation. Ideally, a full power cycle shouldn't be necessary for updates to take effect.
On further use, I now think this is a bug.

I was listening to music last night from my USB library, then today I just turned on the tv and swapped input to HDMI and again I only got output signal from the Sub. I pulled the power cord again and rebooted the WiiM amp, and it works correctly again.

This is a huge pain to have to unplug and re-plug.

I’m guessing the last firmware that tried to fix the sub output static when not playing might have had some adverse effect on output after the amp goes into standby shutdown. I’m not 100% sure but it might be an ok place to start for finding this bug.

Hi Jbnati,

Thank you for detailing your experience with the WiiM amp, and I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're facing. It does seem like the issue you're encountering might be related to a bug, potentially linked to the recent firmware update.

To help us investigate and address this issue more effectively, could you please submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App? You can do this by going to the 'Settings' tab and then selecting 'Feedback'. This will allow our technical team to directly look into your specific case and work towards a resolution.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have experienced the same issue twice now; I play music and all I can hear is the subwoofer. Both times I have had to pull the power cord for the audio to work correctly through the stereo speakers. I have only used the amp with Spotify streaming.

I have experienced the same issue twice now; I play music and all I can hear is the subwoofer. Both times I have had to pull the power cord for the audio to work correctly through the stereo speakers. I have only used the amp with Spotify streaming.
As above, please submit a ticket when an issue occurs so WiiM can inspect your device logs for evidence.

Back