Wiim Amp turns off the sound after 15 seconds HDMI, Optical

pablo83gt

Hello. Overall, I am satisfied with Wimm Amp, it is a very good device but it has one small problem.
I have my laptop connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and the TV connected to the Wiim Amp via HDMI ARC.
If the laptop does not play any sound, Wiim Amp turns off the audio signal completely after 15 seconds and then when I turn on a song, about 2 seconds of silence pass before Wiim Amp activates the audio signal again. Similarly, you cannot hear any system notifications because they are so short that the Wiim Amp does not even have time to activate the audio signal.
This is also very disturbing when working with audio files.
When connecting the TV to the Wii Amp with an optical cable, the situation is the same.
I have another old amplifier (connected via optical cable) and a soundbar (connected via HDMI) and this problem does not occur there.
Is there any option to disable this behavior of the Wiim Amp so that it has active audio channels all the time?

Hello. Overall, I am satisfied with Wimm Amp, it is a very good device but it has one small problem.
I have my laptop connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and the TV connected to the Wiim Amp via HDMI ARC.
If the laptop does not play any sound, Wiim Amp turns off the audio signal completely after 15 seconds and then when I turn on a song, about 2 seconds of silence pass before Wiim Amp activates the audio signal again. Similarly, you cannot hear any system notifications because they are so short that the Wiim Amp does not even have time to activate the audio signal.
When connecting the TV to the Wii Amp with an optical cable, the situation is the same.
I have another old amplifier (connected via optical cable) and a soundbar (connected via HDMI) and this problem does not occur there.
Is there any option to disable this behavior of the Wiim Amp so that it has active audio channels all the time?
Hi,
Have you tried changing the time in standby mode?

I set standby mode to 1 hour. This has nothing to do with it because Wiim Amp does not turn off, it only turns off the audio signal itself after 15 seconds.

I set standby mode to 1 hour. This has nothing to do with it because Wiim Amp does not turn off, it only turns off the audio signal itself after 15 seconds.

I don't use HDMI, but I do have a pre-out of the AV receiver connected to my TV and connected to the line-in of the WiiM amp. And yes, Line in has the same delay as you. If I play the audio after 15 seconds of silence, the sound will come out of the speakers after a delay of about 1 second.

This issue may have been reported in other threads before, but I encourage you to submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app.

So the problem probably affects all Wiim Amps. This is troublesome when working with audio files as well as when using the laptop simply because you cannot hear any system notifications. It would be good if they corrected it or gave an option to disable this behavior of the Wiim Amp.

If anyone needs it, I managed to create a 15-second audio file, for the first 3 seconds I generated a 20,000hz sine sound (almost inaudible even at maximum volume), the remaining 12 seconds were silent. This file is launched in a separate player (minimized in the background) when the system starts, it is looped so it triggers an audio signal every 15 seconds and does not allow it to be turned off.

If anyone needs it, I managed to create a 15-second audio file, for the first 3 seconds I generated a 20,000hz sine sound (almost inaudible even at maximum volume), the remaining 12 seconds were silent. This file is launched in a separate player (minimized in the background) when the system starts, it is looped so it triggers an audio signal every 15 seconds and does not allow it to be turned off.
I think it's a good compromise.
It can also be mosquito repellent. 😁

Hi pablo83gt,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please send us a ticket so we can resolve this issue for you ASAP. I appreciate your support.

I've just submitted feedback for this as well. I'm seeing the same behavior using Line-In as well as Optical In.

If there has been no sound for about 15 seconds, small quick sounds may not play at all, or may be muffled or distorted. As long as something keeps playing, everything seems to be fine.

First of all, I apologize for my English, but I hope you will understand. I have a similar problem. I have an LG OLed C1 TV. I connected the Wiim to HDMI 2 (eARC) and at first everything worked fine. TV detected Wiim as audio output. The Wiim was controlled by a TV remote control.
I played music directly to the Wiim via Spotyfi and after that the TV stopped recognizing the Wiim.
On this forum I read that I should disconnect all HDMI devices from TV and connect another device supporting HDMI CEC to HDMI 2. After the TV configures the port, disconnect the device and reconnect the Wiim. It worked and the TV recognized the Wiim again. However, after some time, the situation repeated itself, but without Spotify. I repeated the operation with the port and restored the connection to the Wiim, but now only the Wiim and PS4 are connected. Everything has been working properly for several days.
Previously, I had a PS4, satellite decoder and IPTV Box connected.
I sent a ticket to support and waiting for a response.

First of all, I apologize for my English, but I hope you will understand. I have a similar problem. I have an LG OLed C1 TV. I connected the Wiim to HDMI 2 (eARC) and at first everything worked fine. TV detected Wiim as audio output. The Wiim was controlled by a TV remote control.
I played music directly to the Wiim via Spotyfi and after that the TV stopped recognizing the Wiim.
On this forum I read that I should disconnect all HDMI devices from TV and connect another device supporting HDMI CEC to HDMI 2. After the TV configures the port, disconnect the device and reconnect the Wiim. It worked and the TV recognized the Wiim again. However, after some time, the situation repeated itself, but without Spotify. I repeated the operation with the port and restored the connection to the Wiim, but now only the Wiim and PS4 are connected. Everything has been working properly for several days.
Previously, I had a PS4, satellite decoder and IPTV Box connected.
I sent a ticket to support and waiting for a response.
Hi

The WiiM amp doesn't support eARC, so you may need to turn it off in your TV's settings (if you have that setting).

I'm not familiar with HDMI, so I'm sorry if this didn't help.

I heard back from WiiM support:

We've specially deployed a new firmware update for your WiiM Amp. We recommend that you update your device to this special firmware version(5.0.613346) and then check to see if this issue persists when using digital in.
I informed them that despite using this firmware version I'm still having the same issue. No response back yet.

Back