hdmi arc issue

I have very similar issue. I have not been able to spot the exact pattern how to replicate the behaviour, but fact is, sometimes turning on the TV will not result in sound coming from the Wiim.

It seems that using the Wiim over Spotify connect will create the issue. And I'm not saying I expect TV to hijack my Spotify stream (which actually would be nice). Music stream could have ended ages ago and Wiim already on standby, but if latest source was stream, TV will not get HDMI ARC sound. If latest source was HDMI ARC, it's more likely that Wiim will work with TV without hassle.

There's really not much you can do about it, except what's already been said so far. Things like
  • Make sure to use HDMI certified to a current (e)ARC capable standard
  • Take all devices from mains power when plugging or unplugging HDMI cables
  • Use the correct (e)ARC capable HDMI port on your TV
  • Search for your TVs settings regarding ARC/CEC and try different settings (they might be named totally different)
  • Don't try to feed anything but PCM encoded 2 channel audio to the WiiM Amp.
  • Be prepared to tolerate occasional glitches
  • Send feedback to WiiM immediately after you experience an issue through the WiiM Home App, if glitches appear on a regular basis
  • Keep your fingers crossed
It's often gut and miss because it's a poor standard, not because WiiM are making a bad device. Good luck.

There's really not much you can do about it, except what's already been said so far. Things like
  • Make sure to use HDMI certified to a current (e)ARC capable standard
  • Take all devices from mains power when plugging or unplugging HDMI cables
  • Use the correct (e)ARC capable HDMI port on your TV
  • Search for your TVs settings regarding ARC/CEC and try different settings (they might be named totally different)
  • Don't try to feed anything but PCM encoded 2 channel audio to the WiiM Amp.
  • Be prepared to tolerate occasional glitches
  • Send feedback to WiiM immediately after you experience an issue through the WiiM Home App, if glitches appear on a regular basis
  • Keep your fingers crossed
It's often gut and miss because it's a poor standard, not because WiiM are making a bad device. Good luck.
If the issue is related to latest active input source, it would be software issue on Wiim side and nothing to do with quality of ARC standard. Just saying.

If the issue is related to latest active input source, it would be software issue on Wiim side and nothing to do with quality of ARC standard. Just saying.
It's quite possible. But you absolutely cannot say for sure. ;)

If this happens, does the WiiM Home App show HDMI as the selected source or does it still show Wi-Fi? It could still be the TV failing to recognize the Amp.

We have a brand new Samsung TV and a Pioneer AVR from ~2018 and depending on what source has been selected or not the TV won't see the AVR as "external sound system" until I switch between available sound outputs.

If WiiM can do anything about it, your feedback through the app will definitely help them, because it automatically appends the logs to your ticket.

Tested the amp today with some movies now . Again performed very good.
Im so pleased with the amp.
Really excellent also with movies..
Also the combination with the sub..is fantastic.

Back