HDMI ARC no longer working

Mine is the same as before. It's about 50-50 chances of it working. Update made zero difference.
Then I would recommend contacting the support through the WiiM Home App. HDMI CEC/ARC is kind of a PITA protocol. Might be a issue with your TV, too.

I chose to post to this forum so the community knows there are still issues. I don’t have interest to deal with the support at this time. Wiim reads the forum too, don’t worry.

The TV is a common model from a common manufacturer, there are probably millions of units with the same software and circuit. There will be zero change the TV manufacturer would do any updateds for a niche product like wiim. It doesn’t matter where the issue is. If Wiim can’t fix it, I will ultimately replace the amp with something that works. And so will many others (or just choose not to buy it in the first place after coming to the forums).

I chose to post to this forum so the community knows there are still issues. I don’t have interest to deal with the support at this time. Wiim reads the forum too, don’t worry.

WiiM occasionally frequent the community forum, but the preferred way to bring an issue to their notice is thru the feedback section in the app.
The TV is a common model from a common manufacturer, there are probably millions of units with the same software and circuit. There will be zero change the TV manufacturer would do any updateds for a niche product like wiim. It doesn’t matter where the issue is. If Wiim can’t fix it, I will ultimately replace the amp with something that works. And so will many others (or just choose not to buy it in the first place after coming to the forums).

This is far too vague - you’re leaving WiiM little information (should they happen to read this) as to what your TV make/model is but somehow expect them to resolve the issue 🤷‍♂️

I have a Samsung KS7000 TV, and HDMI ARC is not working. No sound and no remote volume control. It worked with a Yamaha AV receiver.
Contacted Wiim support and they are trying to fix it, luckily optical works really well. I have a cheap LG TV and HDMI sound works like a charm so my next TV would not be a Samsung, because I've found that this brand seems to have problems with other devices such as sound bars.
I am happy with Wiim support and efforts to solve the problem, which may have no solution in my case.

WiiM occasionally frequent the community forum, but the preferred way to bring an issue to their notice is thru the feedback section in the app.

This is far too vague - you’re leaving WiiM little information (should they happen to read this) as to what your TV make/model is but somehow expect them to resolve the issue 🤷‍♂️
I know, and I am not expecting them to support me personally. I am saying, they already know of the issues. I’m giving them time to fix it. My post was for the community, so you know too.

I have a Samsung KS7000 TV, and HDMI ARC is not working. No sound and no remote volume control. It worked with a Yamaha AV receiver.
Contacted Wiim support and they are trying to fix it, luckily optical works really well. I have a cheap LG TV and HDMI sound works like a charm so my next TV would not be a Samsung, because I've found that this brand seems to have problems with other devices such as sound bars.
I am happy with Wiim support and efforts to solve the problem, which may have no solution in my case.
Samsung are well known for having issues with ARC with other non-Samsung devices - every manufacturer seem to have their own interpretation of the standard, it's almost as bad as UPNP can be

I agree if you still have an issue contact Wiim within the app.
Also try to update you're tv to the latest version.
Look on the internet maybe you find people who have simular issues that can provide a solution.
Try to reboot you're tv.
Try another hdmi cable.

Oh well... I have LG with the same issues as your samesong 😁

Back