HDMI ARC no longer working

Read this topic please:

Last edited:
Read this topic please:

Yeah I had read that
Quote:
"I think I found a workaround, though. I switched the input to hdmi 2 (which is hdmi arc on this tv) and as long as I leave it like that, the tv will reliably wake up the amp. Since I don't use other hdmi devices with this tv, it makes no difference to me what input it is set to."

Looks like they were not originally using the ARC HDMI on their TV whereas I always have been

Yeah I had read that
Quote:
"I think I found a workaround, though. I switched the input to hdmi 2 (which is hdmi arc on this tv) and as long as I leave it like that, the tv will reliably wake up the amp. Since I don't use other hdmi devices with this tv, it makes no difference to me what input it is set to."

Looks like they were not originally using the ARC HDMI on their TV whereas I always have been
Really hope for you something will work.
Try another HDMI Cable..
Reboot the tv. Connecting only the AMP first and see what happens. Then plugging the other HDMI connections if you have more..

Latest firmware update totally broke HDMI for me. Was working perfectly fine before. I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp will not output audio until I reboot the WiiM Amp itself.

Latest firmware update totally broke HDMI for me. Was working perfectly fine before. I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp will not output audio until I reboot the WiiM Amp itself.
My TV is an LG B9. It was 'mostly' working with occasional scratch noises when turning the TV off for a few seconds, and completely losing it every 2 or 3 days to almost constantly losing it with the latest update

By 'losing it's I mean it would just stop getting anything other than blank and occasional scratch noises, and the TV would stop recognising it as a valid target for volume control, until I went through a dance of swapping devices on the TV HDMI inputs to the TV to 'reset' things.

That happened a few times. Since the latest update I'm lucky when I get any sound at all (or ability to use volume control)

Guess you may all have done already, but if not please submit tickets to WiiM ASAP so they can hopefully identify the root cause

The same behavior here with a Philips UHD TV. I have to power cycle the Amp or unplug / plug HDMI cable in order to restore sound. I already submitted a ticket. Hope this get fixed soon.

The same behavior here with a Philips UHD TV. I have to power cycle the Amp or unplug / plug HDMI cable in order to restore sound. I already submitted a ticket. Hope this get fixed soon.
With so much change, it might be good to add an option to rollback to the last firmware!

As a temporary workaround, did you check if a reboot (bottom entry in device settings) does the same thing? That's a little less of a hassle, at least.

As a temporary workaround, did you check if a reboot (bottom entry in device settings) does the same thing? That's a little less of a hassle, at least.
Reboot on app works for me but it's still super annoying

Reboot via App doesn’t work for me. It needs a power off/on (I use a smart outlet plug for convenience).

I found a weird alternative to rebooting that might indicate the root cause of the issue. If I go into the LG TV audio settings and cycle between PCM, auto, and bitstream after a few times through the audio suddenly starts working again without needing to reboot the entire amp. Weird. Please fix!

I found a weird alternative to rebooting that might indicate the root cause of the issue. If I go into the LG TV audio settings and cycle between PCM, auto, and bitstream after a few times through the audio suddenly starts working again without needing to reboot the entire amp. Weird. Please fix!
WiiM have suggested they may roll back the firmware till they get to the bottom of the issue.

Add me to the list of people with broken HDMI ARC since the new firmware. LG C9 and it worked perfectly for the previous couple of months of owning the amp.

I submitted a ticket and they've rolled back my firmware for now, all working again.

WiiM have suggested they may roll back the firmware till they get to the bottom of the issue.
Hope the will.
Wil they automatically roll back the update?
I dont have a LG but the amp doesn't come on automatically anymore. So add me too unfortunately 😞
Never had any issues the amp always did come on when i did powered my tv on.
Maybe a reboot will help?

No..reboot didn't help😞
Hope they will roll back the update.

Last edited:
With so much change, it might be good to add an option to rollback to the last firmware!
Hope they will..i dont have a LG ...amp always did come on. Not now anymore..
I have to test if I have sound.
But the amp not coming on when powering on the TV is not a good sign.
Please wiim..a new update or roll back the previous update.

Hope the will.
Wil they automatically roll back the update?
I dont have a LG but the amp doesn't come on automatically anymore. So add me too unfortunately 😞
Never had any issues the amp always did come on when i did powered my tv on.
Maybe a reboot will help?

No..reboot didn't help😞
Hope they will roll back the update.
I think they have rolled back the firmware for those who submitted a ticket - if you haven’t it might be an idea to do so as they should be able to see your MAC address from the logs and direct the rollback firmware to your device.

I think they have rolled back the firmware for those who submitted a ticket - if you haven’t it might be an idea to do so as they should be able to see your MAC address from the logs and direct the rollback firmware to your device.
I will contact them.
First I'm going to test if I even have sound.
But I will contact them later..thanks for your advice 😊😊👍

Back