Sound glitch on hdmi

qmaur

Hi,
I have my sony bravia TV connected via hdmi to my wiim amp. Everything works grat and CEC works flawlessly (in fact, better than other soundbars I had in the past).

The only issue is that, after approx 5 minutes I watch some TV program, the sound "stops" for a millisecond, then resumes and everything is fine. It's not really too noticeable, but if does ruin the immersion a bit. It only happens with hdmi, and never when streaming music. It also happens on all sources connected to my tv (and, I have everything set to output pcm). Seems some kind of weird handshaking issue?

Might be. Submit a ticket to WiiM when it happens again via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app and they'll have a look at your logs for clues as to the cause

Do you get a weird popping/artifact sound when the audio starts back up? I started getting that after the last three firmware updates on my LG.

Do you get a weird popping/artifact sound when the audio starts back up? I started getting that after the last three firmware updates on my LG.
No, I don't seem to suffer from those. Yesterday there were some artifacts but was watching a low quality stream, so I believe that was the cause. With my cable tv, game console no artifact occurs.

Might be. Submit a ticket to WiiM when it happens again via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app and they'll have a look at your logs for clues as to the cause
I've submitted a ticket for both this and another issue (amp switching over wifi source on its own while on hdmi). Will report back if there's any news.

Back