Housecurve App running on iPhone and Wiim Amp

Petevid

I’ve noticed when running the Housecurve App on my iPhone and playing the test signal sweeps through my Wiim Amp it doesn’t matter whether the EQ in the Wiim is off/flat or not, the Housecurve results are the same. I’ve even set the EQ in the amp to some crazy settings which I thought the Housecurve analysis would try and correct, however when the sweep ran it didn’t sound like it was being effected by my crazy EQ and the Housecurve result was the same as when the EQ had been turned off. Any ideas?

I’ve noticed when running the Housecurve App on my iPhone and playing the test signal sweeps through my Wiim Amp it doesn’t matter whether the EQ in the Wiim is off/flat or not, the Housecurve results are the same. I’ve even set the EQ in the amp to some crazy settings which I thought the Housecurve analysis would try and correct, however when the sweep ran it didn’t sound like it was being effected by my crazy EQ and the Housecurve result was the same as when the EQ had been turned off. Any ideas?
Please check with your ears first.

If you play your favorite track and change the PEQ this way, will the volume of the entire track be reduced?
1000001560.jpg

If the volume is reduced, PEQ is functioning normally.

HouseCurve now have a FaceBook page, I think with about 10 members, so you might want to ask there.

Thanks but I’m not talking about volume
EQ is volume. If you change the settings the way Wiimer showed, the volume of all frequencies should be significantly lower. If the overall volume doesn't change with those settings, something is definitely not working right.

HouseCurve now have a FaceBook page, I think with about 10 members, so you might want to ask there.
Thanks, I’ve asked to join the group.

I think though it’s more an amp thing. Why would HouseCurve test signals playing through the amp seemingly not be affected by the EQ setting of the amp?

Sorry
EQ is volume. If you change the settings the way Wiimer showed, the volume of all frequencies should be significantly lower. If the overall volume doesn't change with those settings, something is definitely not working right.
Sorry I understand what he’s saying now , I’ll try that, my ‘crazy’ setting wasn’t too far off that.

Sorry

Sorry I understand what he’s saying now , I’ll try that, my ‘crazy’ setting wasn’t too far off that.
If I remember correctly, EQ doesn't apply with AirPlay or Bluetooth.

Edit:
Sorry, EQ works with Bluetooth (or AirPlay) input. EQ doesn't work with Bluetooth (or AirPlay) output. Maybe. 🤗

Last edited:
Back