Which wiim for external DAC

Mattyb

Hi All,

Just wondering people's thoughts on whether there are any advantages to the wiim pro or pro plus over mini when using external DAC?

I'll be digitally connecting to my Cambridge Audio cxa81 and using the DAC in that.

Thanks in advance

So basically ?

Only using digital out , and not using analogue in to digital out feature = go for Pro
If using analogue out = go for Pro Plus

In my use, AV system I'd only use digital out into AV pre amp- Pro
In my hifi I'd be using analogue out into stereo amp - Pro Plus

Thanks all. Would the pro have any advantages over the mini if I'm happy to use wi fi and the optical output? I'm probably going to get the wiim amp for my bedroom and currently use a bluesound node in my living room but would consider changing that to a wiim product so that I use the same app etc.

Trying to find the most cost effective way without a downgrade from the bluesound.

Cheers

Thanks all. Would the pro have any advantages over the mini if I'm happy to use wi fi and the optical output? I'm probably going to get the wiim amp for my bedroom and currently use a bluesound node in my living room but would consider changing that to a wiim product so that I use the same app etc.

Trying to find the most cost effective way without a downgrade from the bluesound.

Cheers

peq. the pro has that.

not sure if mini has eq. Also Mini doesn't support Squeezelite. For me that's a must. LMS is brilliant music server, DLNA is generally very basic.

Last edited:

Cheers
Do you think you'll ever use Chromecast? If so, that's not on the Mini.

EQ/PEQ are available on all WiiM models.
True .
Wiim pro and mini have different processors.
This is an interesting review :

This reviewer says that he can hear a small difference between the mini and pro using an external dac .

True .
Wiim pro and mini have different processors.
This is an interesting review :

This reviewer says that he can hear a small difference between the mini and pro using an external dac .
yeah, aware of the differences between the models - Mini has half the CPU cores and a quarter of the RAM of its larger siblings.

And like us all, that reviewer can have an opinion, but that’s all it is.

yeah, aware of the differences between the models - Mini has half the CPU cores and a quarter of the RAM of its larger siblings.

And like us all, that reviewer can have an opinion, but that’s all it is.
Yes.
Anyway , its interesting but one must listen for them selves to make a real judgement.

Back