Running transport through pro plus

jason13

Hi All:
I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/concerns about running an Audiolab transport through a Pro Plus through the toslink and then into a vintage amp? My thought is that it would be a cost-friendly solution until I can afford a separate dac. I know I could use an old cd player or blueray disc too but I can pick up the transport for a decent price. Many thanks.

Reactions: jdh
Is the CD transport your only use case or are you in the business of getting a streamer anyway?

In the latter case the WiiM Pro Plus might be a no-brainer (except that the upcoming WiiM Ultra could beat it). If you just want to use it as a DAC (for now) there might be other alternatives.

Many thanks. It is the latter case. Just trying to weigh current costs against future possibilities and trying to find a happy medium. So much of this is fine tuning something that is fine enough.

I think you nailed it when you wrote "it would be a cost-friendly solution until I can afford a separate dac".
As for that 2nd part, the pro plus's dac and analog output stage seems to be generally well regarded.
i.e. you might be wise to see if you can trial a dac later on to see if it makes enough of a difference for you.

Back