Trouble with Cleer BT headphones connecting to WIIM Pro

bobbyp28

Most frustrating...I can only OCCASIONALLY pair my Cleer Enduro BT headphones w/ my new Wiim Pro. I can start a tune playing on my Iphone within the WIIM app...as a result of the Search aspect tune is playing...then I click on the gear/cog icon which takes me into Wiim device settings...then I go to the "Audio Output" line and see Line Out/Optical Out/Coax Out -- then below that BlueTooth Receiver (Connect) and finally AirPlay Receiver (Connect)... I put my Cleer Enduro in "pairing 'mode' and tap the BlueTooth Receiver option...then it's "Connect" button...it flips to the next screen where the WIIM does indeed see the Cleer Enduro....I tap that....and it just will NOT connect...maybe 1 time out of 20 it will connect...rest of the time nothing happens.... note: Line Out will play just fine thru my amp/stereo system that the Wiim is hard wired into via it's Line Out toggle....just the BT headphones can't connect...

Sure wish someone could help me..many thanks.

Most frustrating...I can only OCCASIONALLY pair my Cleer Enduro BT headphones w/ my new Wiim Pro. I can start a tune playing on my Iphone within the WIIM app...as a result of the Search aspect tune is playing...then I click on the gear/cog icon which takes me into Wiim device settings...then I go to the "Audio Output" line and see Line Out/Optical Out/Coax Out -- then below that BlueTooth Receiver (Connect) and finally AirPlay Receiver (Connect)... I put my Cleer Enduro in "pairing 'mode' and tap the BlueTooth Receiver option...then it's "Connect" button...it flips to the next screen where the WIIM does indeed see the Cleer Enduro....I tap that....and it just will NOT connect...maybe 1 time out of 20 it will connect...rest of the time nothing happens.... note: Line Out will play just fine thru my amp/stereo system that the Wiim is hard wired into via it's Line Out toggle....just the BT headphones can't connect...

Sure wish someone could help me..many thanks.
Hi,
Do you need to pair every time?

Normally, you only need to pair your WiiM with your headphones once, the first time. When pairing is complete, the headphones will be registered in the WiiM device list. Therefore, from the next time, just turn on the headphones and they will connect automatically. You don't need to switch or pair the output in the WiiM app every time you use the headphones.

Thx Wiimer....but they are definitely not pairing.... tune starts playing in the Wiim window....no sound anywhere other than if i toggle over to line out and let it go thru stereo system amp...wish it was this simple.... when I ask the Wiim to pair w/ the Cleer...it just sits there and spins and never pairs....same thing with my little BT ear buds....Wiim sees them and when I tap them to pair...it just spins and NEVER pairs...they (the BT headphones worked all day long "yesterday"....not once today...thx

Thx Wiimer....but they are definitely not pairing.... tune starts playing in the Wiim window....no sound anywhere other than if i toggle over to line out and let it go thru stereo system amp...wish it was this simple.... when I ask the Wiim to pair w/ the Cleer...it just sits there and spins and never pairs....same thing with my little BT ear buds....Wiim sees them and when I tap them to pair...it just spins and NEVER pairs...they (the BT headphones worked all day long "yesterday"....not once today...thx

Bluetooth issues have been discussed several times on this forum. If factory resetting your WiiM doesn't resolve the issue, please submit a ticket to support via feedback in the WiiM app. Logs will be sent to them to help them resolve the issue.

Right now, when you tap "bluetooth > Connect" on the audio output of the WiiM app, does your device look like this image?

Screenshot_2023-12-18-13-13-27-759_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

If the device disappears from this screen after pairing, there must be some kind of problem.

It is also conceivable that if the headphones are already paired with other devices, that could be a problem. Try deleting all pairings with devices other than WiiM.

Also, if your WiiM device is connected via Wi-Fi, I recommend using 5GHz only.

Yes it looks just like that (except my BT headphones are the Cleer Brand) - yes, it says "not Connected"...and yes....upon taping the Not Connected statement, it spins around and never pairs... and I don't see that these Cleer BT head phones are connected anywhere else....
But thanks for your help anyway...!

OK, there seems to be a issue with the app.

When I connect my headphones to WiiM in the normal way, the status is not "Connected". Also, the audio output did not switch to Bluetooth, and the sound came out of the speaker when playing music in the WiiM app.

This is an interim measure. Please try the steps below.

1. Turn off the headphones.

2. Open the audio output of the Wiim app.

3. Tap Bluetooth Receiver > Connect.

IMG_20231219_140315.jpg

4. Tap the "i" icon to the right of the device
name.

IMG_20231219_140353.jpg

5. Tap "Connect"

IMG_20231219_140421.jpg

6. Turn on the headphones.

The headphones should be turned on last. Make sure that the WiiM app changes to "Connected" in this way.

Screenshot_2023-12-19-14-09-49-125_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

The Wiim team responded to the ticket, but they still don't seem to be aware of the issue. I'll try to verify a little more.

Back