Pro Plus with Multi Channel Home Amplifier?

rldev

Is anyone here using the Wiim Pro Plus with a multichannel amplifier like the Dayton Audio M1240? I want to purchase a Pro Plus and connect the analog line out of the Wiim directly to the Bus input of the amplifier(line input sensitivity according to the manual is 380mV). I also want to connect the 12V trigger(needs 3-30V). Any thoughts? Does this sound like a good plan? Will it work?

I have a wiim pro plus with line out to two Fosi v3 power amps (using splitter cables on the output). They are plugged into a power strip with a trigger, and the wiim trigger out controls the power strip.

Not exactly the same but similar.

So you are splitting the line out on the wiim and you are getting a strong enough signal to drive both units? No problem?

No problem. Works great.

In general you can split line level signals large number of times without issue in any audio system and WiiM is no exception.

As a rule splitting a pre-amplified signal is safe and common, you would have to split thousands of times to create issues, while splitting a high wattage amplified signal is potentially unsafe and needs a multimeter to check that resistance levels remain within spec for the amp.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. The pro plus should work well then.

There's only one gotcha with using the triggers that I found. May be different with a trigger on the amp, but I trigger the entire power bar, which means the amps are getting zero power until they get the trigger.

The gotcha is it takes the amp a couple of seconds to power up and begin playing sound.

For playing media like music, internet radio, podcasts, etc it's perfectly OK, I never notice the couple of seconds before it start. I did try and connect it to my Alexa devices, and that became super annoying - it would seem like Alexa wasn't even responding to me because the entire response might be in the couple of seconds before the amp was ready. So I updated the configuration on Alexa so that quick answers would come back to me directly through the device itself and only songs/media would be cast to the WiiM. That works fine.

But if you plan on using these speakers for a voice assistant scenario be aware that the power-up may mean the beginning of the response (or all of it) may be chopped off.

I don't know if it would be different using a trigger right in the amp. That's what happens with the trigger on a power bar the amp is plugged into.

Back