Pro plus RCA to Aux connection

Jaymz

Hello, I'm thinking of buying the pro plus but I have a big question. Can be the Wiim be connected from RCA to AUX? That's the only free jack I have on the amplifier right now and it's not an RCA but a minijack 3.5mm. It's possible? It will work? Another option could be to leave the optical input of the amplifier free, connect the CD player to the optical input of the wiim and then the wiim via optical to the amplifier. Is it also appropiate? If so, that's how I would use the amplifier's dac and the wiim's dac is probably better as my amp is a bit dated.

Your advice is welcome. Thank you.
Jaymz

Yes , assuming your Aux in is a line level input then using a twin phono to 3.5mm stereo mini jack cable you can connect from the analogue phono output of the Wiim to your Aux input.

It w
Hello, I'm thinking of buying the pro plus but I have a big question. Can be the Wiim be connected from RCA to AUX? That's the only free jack I have on the amplifier right now and it's not an RCA but a minijack 3.5mm. It's possible? It will work? Another option could be to leave the optical input of the amplifier free, connect the CD player to the optical input of the wiim and then the wiim via optical to the amplifier. Is it also appropiate? If so, that's how I would use the amplifier's dac and the wiim's dac is probably better as my amp is a bit dated.

Your advice is welcome. Thank you.
Jaymz

It will work. You need a cable like this. The picture is just an example. Such cables are easy to get in every price range.

IMG_2521.jpeg

connect the CD player to the optical input of the wiim and then the wiim via optical to the amplifier. Is it also appropiate? If so, that's how I would use the amplifier's dac and the wiim's dac is probably better as my amp is a bit dated.

Yes, you could connect cd optical out to wiim optical in.
But you then say connect wiim to amp via optical, and wiim dac may be better than amp dac. If you connect to amp via optical then it'll use the amp's dac.

Others will disagree, but in my opinion the dual rca to 3.5mm cable itself could be a significant factor in the overall sound.
My experience - really cheap ones can sound pretty bad, but spending loads is not required either.

However, try the different combinations for yourself, see which you prefer / is most convenient.

Yes, you could connect cd optical out to wiim optical in.
But you then say connect wiim to amp via optical, and wiim dac may be better than amp dac. If you connect to amp via optical then it'll use the amp's dac.

Others will disagree, but in my opinion the dual rca to 3.5mm cable itself could be a significant factor in the overall sound.
My experience - really cheap ones can sound pretty bad, but spending loads is not required either.

However, try the different combinations for yourself, see which you prefer / is most convenient.

First of all thank you all for the support. As you say Mr. Ee I wiil connect the cd player via optical to the Wiim and then use the RCA to 3.5 mm to the amp. I mean, my amps dac is a Cirrus Logic CS4344, a bit dated IMO. I think Wiim's is an AKM4493SEQ , isn't it?. So it will work better I guess.

Do you think really cable is such an important factor, maybe decisive, in this case? Knowing now that I can use the aux input of the amp, which was my big doubt, I don't want to compromise the sound with a cable without sufficient quality.

Thanks again.

First of all thank you all for the support. As you say Mr. Ee I wiil connect the cd player via optical to the Wiim and then use the RCA to 3.5 mm to the amp. I mean, my amps dac is a Cirrus Logic CS4344, a bit dated IMO. I think Wiim's is an AKM4493SEQ , isn't it?. So it will work better I guess.

Do you think really cable is such an important factor, maybe decisive, in this case? Knowing now that I can use the aux input of the amp, which was my big doubt, I don't want to compromise the sound with a cable without sufficient quality.

Thanks again.
My old-ish cd player has a cirrus logic chip in it. Sounds fantastic via analog out.
The chip itself is only a small part of the overall dac implementation.

As for the cable... that's a heated argument waiting to explode!
imo, sometimes you do get what you (don't) pay for. And sometimes it's a rip off!

Last edited:
Back