Wiim Pro+ OPAMP replace

Where should I get the OPA1611 from - to be sure to get real ones, not knock off ? I called some local electronic stores here in California, US and they did not have this item. One offered to order a "non-original" replacement part.
Help please... where can I order the real thing ? I need 2 OPA 1611.

You can buy ok mouser, digikey, rs-components. I, in Italy, have buy on rs-components. Have 2 IC in more, but send in California is more expensive.

Finally changed op amp too.
With OPA1611 lower frequencies gave wow effect 🤩 So much better bass extension and articulation.
"shhh" from vocals feels slightly less annoying. Satisfied more with this mod, very nice soundstage.

Thanks for advice on this forum 👌

Hi Coffee. Can you comment on the risks involved when replacing these op amps. e.g. how robust or fragile is the PCB? Thanks.

There is high-temperature tin on the PCB. People who have no DIY experience are not allowed to replace it by themselves. It is a better suggestion to ask someone to help replace it.

Done the mod, the sound is better. There is still some harshes in the voices / highs but it can be from my speakers. Tnx all!

I used nichicon fw for capacitors, and finally decided on philips 118. For those who are incapable of using it, it is recommended to replace the original power supply first and buy a good power supply. For the op ic, I chose opa627bp.

I used nichicon fw for capacitors, and finally decided on philips 118. For those who are incapable of using it, it is recommended to replace the original power supply first and buy a good power supply. For the op ic, I chose opa627bp.
Ciao YTL,
Thanks for feedback, the sound is better?
Have you got the PCB version, P/N and part reference of the components? Thanks

The pcb is v04, the trial capacitor is nichicon fw and philips 118, the above are all 4700uf16v.

The above two sounds are very good, remember to listen for more than 40 hours, the sound will gradually improve.

Back