WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Unless you need the improved DAC/ADC the Plus has, you're not missing anything - and if you got them in the Prime day sale, you're saving around $100 per unit :)

Certainly would have been useful for one (and possibly 2) of them depending how good DAC is and could of got rid of a stand alone DAC .... al for tidying up the number of boxes at the moment.

Quite sure, that a good number of people will stand with their DACs. Because the internal DAC will not show the proud-making-numbers 😉

Hi Adias,

The WiiM Pro Plus will be available in Amazon US, UK, DE, and CA around 8/5. We'll announce it on our website and this forum. Thank you for your interest.
I have no interest in a Pro replacement with more DAC/AMP etc. I am interested in a Pro class with a clean USB-C port out. Just add a USB-C port to the current Pro. Same price or less and eliminate the Mini, as the Pro casting is a key advantage,

Do you consider yourself as the only potential buyer of WiiM devices?
A successor with audio usb output has already been announced.

Do you consider yourself as the only potential buyer of WiiM devices?
A successor with audio usb output has already been announced.
Of course not. I am simply expressing my consumer interests as others have too. The customer distribution is bi-modal. There's a group interested in a bare bones streamer sans DAC (or minimal DAC capability) and another who prefer an all-in-one solution - a streamer digital receiver capable of driving powered speakers. I simply am in the first group.

I heard about a future Pro with USB out but now hear the the emerging Pro+ will not have it, thus the confusion...

For me, the Pro Plus feels like what the Pro should have been at launch.
It all depends what the definition of Pro is. :) A pro feeds into a quality external DAC. It looks like this Pro+ is an all-in-one.

Sounds like there expanding their market in a good way. For those that need a better dac, the plus is being released soon. For those requesting the USB output there working on that for the next one.

Even thou not as audio related there's also the Wiim wake-up clock. Personally been enjoying mine the sound quality with the 2 speakers isn't bad and makes a great addition over a standard alarm. It’s my first Alexia device and has been much more useful than thought it would be.

Even though I use a fine external Dac with my Pro, I would buy a Plus if the buttons had even the slightest bit of back lighting. I keep my listening room pretty dark and can't see the damn buttons.

Even though I use a fine external Dac with my Pro, I would buy a Plus if the buttons had even the slightest bit of back lighting. I keep my listening room pretty dark and can't see the damn buttons.
Or maybe a remote, if it had glow in the dark buttons??

Music sounds better when the lights are low

Try it, turn on a couple of your favs just as the sun goes down...

Wiim pro (without remote) is now € 152,15 on Amazon.de (15% discount), for those who missed the prime day 20% discount sale. Not on other Amazon sites as far I can see. It's a lightning deal, at the moment 40% is claimed.

Consult. What is the best way to connect a Wiim pro coaxial cable to a DAC? With a cable impedance of 50 ohms or 75 ohms?

Consult. What is the best way to connect a Wiim pro coaxial cable to a DAC? With a cable impedance of 50 ohms or 75 ohms?
Typical DAC coax impedance is 75 ohms
I haven't seen Wiim specify it, but certainly think it would follow the standard

I'd say 75 ohms is what you need

Theoretically, it should be 75 ohms, but there are RCA sockets and plugs that are known to be not 75 ohms in many cases, so it would depend on the DAC also.

Theoretically, it should be 75 ohms, but there are RCA sockets and plugs that are known to be not 75 ohms in many cases, so it would depend on the DAC also.
I would think an impedance mismatch like this would be pretty noticable
The levels would certainly be affected

I have never seen a DAC specify 50 ohms. But only digging deeper would even show this information

I don't remember seeing Wiim specify it

I would think an impedance mismatch like this would be pretty noticable
The levels would certainly be affected

I have never seen a DAC specify 50 ohms. But only digging deeper would even show this information

I don't remember seeing Wiim specify it
I've made some rough tests with the Pro and different cables terminated at 50 or 75 ohms, and results varied. Signal level differences were obvious but it wasn't so obvious with the observed signal quality. I'm skeptical a bit about the declared impedances for RCA cables, but I have no equipment to verify it.

Back