WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
As stated previously on the Amazon website, most echos only support HD, with the Studio, Echo Link & Echo Link Amp supporting UHD. However, as above, my experience with the Studio is that it maxes out at 24/48 which is barely dipping a toe into UHD. I had hoped my newer Show 15 might have been able to better that, but no. @WiiM Team did say they’d check up on it so an update would be good.
Hi Team,

Amazon Echo devices resample the audio to 24-bit/48k (doesn’t support bit perfect). When grouping with WiiM Mini and Pro, the WiiM devices need resample to the same 24-bit/48k to be compatible. Thank you!

Hi Team,

Amazon Echo devices resample the audio to 24-bit/48k (doesn’t support bit perfect). When grouping with WiiM Mini and Pro, the WiiM devices need resample to the same 24-bit/48k to be compatible. Thank you!
Hi, that's my experience with 24 bit UHD and my Echo Studio (and I'd expect that too for the Echo Link/Amp), but it's long been my understanding that all other echo devices support 16 bit HD (CD quality) at best, so 16/44.1 or perhaps 16/48 is all you could reasonable expect in a multi room with them. Whether you'd hear any difference between a 16/48 and a 24/48 track is another matter ;)

Hi Smartplug, the device firmware is OK now but we're still working on the configuration UIs on the WiiM Home App. It takes longer time than what we expected and we have to postpone this release to Feb. Our apologies for the delay!
It's nearly the end of February now - would love to try the PEQ soon. Any possiblilty of getting on a beta / alpha test? I am happy to trade some stability for trying some PEQ for a weeks (and get you guys some early feedback).

Thanks

It's nearly the end of February now - would love to try the PEQ soon. Any possiblilty of getting on a beta / alpha test? I am happy to trade some stability for trying some PEQ for a weeks (and get you guys some early feedback).

Thanks
Use the feedback in the WiiM app to ask to be put on the beta firmware whitelist - that will also give them the MAC address of your device which they’ll need. Note that this takes you out of the cycle of public releases so you’ll need to ask to be taken off the whitelist to get back to normal

Here's something that may have been covered and I haven't found yet. I have the WiiM Pro and use Spotify and Qobuz. Qobuz through the WiiM Home app works well but is there any possible way to alphabetize the Artists within Favorites instead of them just being a jumbled mess. Has that been covered yet? Or am I missing something simple or hidden in a secret bat cave location?

I’d use your phone to play Youtube Music and Chromecast to the Pro (although you’d need Youtube Music Premium) and use the audible app and bluetooth from your phone. YouTube Music support is on the roadmap though.
Hi, I am curious about the Youtube music app integration. Is it still on the roadmap ?

Hi, I am curious about the Youtube music app integration. Is it still on the roadmap ?
It appears to have been dropped from the roadmap - see here https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/72000348821

However, WiiM seem to be focussing on ironing out bugs and stabilising things at the moment, so I’d next expect them to review and rationalise their roadmap(s) to address what is truly achievable in a reasonable timescale rather than having a list that is, in my opinion, trying to please too many people at the same time.

Last edited:
Hi Team,

So I tried this again today and Alexacast from a gen 2 Echo Show 8 is showing 24/192 in the WiiM app.

Did something change here?

The song I'm using to test is Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here.

So I tried this again today and Alexacast from a gen 2 Echo Show 8 is showing 24/192 in the WiiM app.

External dac? What does that show? That'll be more likely to tell the truth...

External dac? What does that show? That'll be more likely to tell the truth...

Indeed. Coax digital out from the WiiM to a Lyngdorf MP-60. The Lyngdorf says input is 192kHz.

Can others try and see if this is fixed now for them?

Would love to hear some official word from @WiiM Support as well if anything changed in these recent firmware updates.

What do you mean by AlexaCast from a Show?

What do you mean by AlexaCast from a Show?

The WiiM Pro is grouped with the Echo Show so that the WiiM becomes the default speaker (implicit voice target) when initiating playback via Alexa on the Echo Show (i.e. 'Alexa play some music").

As per previous discussion in this thread, and what I at least thought I had been experiencing myself, it was not possible to get bit perfect playback in this way.

Back