Android WiiM home app landscape mode support for tablets

madbrain

My brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra sits in landscape mode 100% of the time, in its official keyboard case. I cannot rotate the tablet without losing the case protection, as well as keyboard input, which I want to use for complex searches - I hate touch screen virtual keyboards.
Please fix the Android WiiM app to work in landscape mode, also.

This a screenshot of the Wiim Home app running on my aging Android 7.0 Samsung S2 Tab in landscape mode

View attachment 3253

I've been using this app to force landscape mode

I've been running it for about a week now and so far so good
Thanks ! This looks good. I just tried it, and it worked for me on the Tab S9 Ultra also.

This a screenshot of the Wiim Home app running on my aging Android 7.0 Samsung S2 Tab in landscape mode

View attachment 3253

I've been using this app to force landscape mode

I've been running it for about a week now and so far so good

THANK YOU!! I've been waiting impatiently for this feature and this takes care of it.

Great, I just ordered an 8" S2 just for the Pro Plus and need a solution as well. I am going to try out the Qobuz Android app as well since it works in landscape on my wife's newer 1" tab and functions quite well, will see which one I like the best.

My brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra sits in landscape mode 100% of the time, in its official keyboard case. I cannot rotate the tablet without losing the case protection, as well as keyboard input, which I want to use for complex searches - I hate touch screen virtual keyboards.
Please fix the Android WiiM app to work in landscape mode, also.
If you put your Tab S9 into DEX mode it should shift the WHA into landscape mode. It's a sudo-landscape mode in terms of scaling etc ie same number of columns and images the same size just bigger gaps, but everything is the right way up and in your specific case should work well. You can shift in and out of DEX mode quite easily.

Hello,
On my Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet, we obtain the landscape format without using an external app :
settings > advanced functions > labs > automatic app rotation > Wiim Home > full screen.
Please note, I translated the different parameters into English from French. the actual English texts on your tablet may not correspond to my translation.

Back