Two-column landscape view for Wiim app (big album art/tablet mode)

artishard116

Hello! Since there isn’t a landscape view implemented yet on Android, I thought it might be a good time to make this request. It would be great if landscape view consisted of two columns, big album art on the left and player controls and song info on the right. This would allow for much larger album art than the current version where everything is stacked.

Additionally it opens up a really cool use case where any old tablet or phone you have laying around can become a live updating “screen” add-on for the Wiim mini or pro. One of the only downsides of the Wiim players is the lack of album art or any visual feedback for things like volume level. Note that this trick works even when controlling playback from a different device, like a phone or with the new wiim remote. The album art and track info on the display update almost instantly.

You can see an example below of an android app called Cover Frame that pulls live Spotify now playing info and displays it in a two-column view. It’s laggy however, only works for Spotify, and is nowhere near as polished or functional as the Wiim app.

Additional bonus request which would be incredible, is some kind of a pop-up that shows a visual volume number/meter that increases or decreases as volume is changed (so you can see your volume changes from the listening position).

Fix the one hardware weakness of both wiim players with one relatively easy UI tweak!
P.S. thank you for the incredible product!

7BA1F33F-71BD-46D5-AA4B-D6607C8140A1.jpeg

This is why I made an account on this forum! A native landscape mode please make it happen..

My brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra sits in landscape mode 100% of the time, in its keyboard case. I cannot rotate the tablet without losing the case protection, as well as keyboard input, which I want to use for complex searches - I hate touch screen virtual keyboards.
Please fix the Android WiiM app to work in landscape mode, also.

Back