Landscape mode on IOS devices

eurban

Hello,
I am wondering which IOS devices can display the Wiim Home app in landscape mode. I am unable to get into landscape mode on my older iphone XR. I would like to repurpose an old iphone to be a dedicated streaming controller. Is it just the tablets and or the newest phones? Am I missing some setting? On my XR the screen lock is off and I can go into landscape on other apps that support it. Thanks!
Eric

Have an iPad Air 5th generation and there is no issue with landscape mode when using the WiiM Home App. But also my previous iPad from 2018 did it. No idea how iPhones handle it.

Couple of questions.

1 - Would this work in landscape?

Apple iPad 9.7 (5th Gen) 32GB Wi-Fi - Silver (Renewed) https://amzn.eu/d/bCivcm8

Secondly, can I easily screen share that with an LG TV, either directly or through a Fire TV stick?

Many thanks.

Couple of questions.

1 - Would this work in landscape?

Apple iPad 9.7 (5th Gen) 32GB Wi-Fi - Silver (Renewed) https://amzn.eu/d/bCivcm8

Secondly, can I easily screen share that with an LG TV, either directly or through a Fire TV stick?

Many thanks.
Can confirm both.
My former iPad was exactly the 5th with 32GB. No problems with landscape mode.
Synching direct to an LG TV worked also, but of course it blocked the iPad use.
No experience with the stick.

Can confirm both.
My former iPad was exactly the 5th with 32GB. No problems with landscape mode.
Synching direct to an LG TV worked also, but of course it blocked the iPad use.
No experience with the stick.

Cheers. What a swift reply!

What do you mean by ‘blocked the iPad use’?

I intend to use the iPad as a posh remote, and see details on the TV - hope that makes sense.

As far as I know the picture on the screen shows only what the iPad shows. If the iPad goes to sleep or you want to do other things with the tablet it shows the actual picture. So if you stay in the WiiM app or Connect in any way all will be ok. But checking your mail or asking Dr. Google is contra productive 😉
And it is helpful to set the display blocking to "never".

Last edited:
Back