Add a volume up/down button and display the current volume.

Wiimer

Major Contributor
With a WIIM amp, I have more opportunities to change the volume, and precise control may be required. So, I propose to add a volume control button. It is also even more useful to view the current volume level.😊

I've already given feedback, but I'd love to hear your opinions and other ideas. Thank you.

1000001494.jpg

Last edited:
I like the volume control in my Linn app - all you normally see is the small circle in the corner showing the current volume - clicking on that brings up a very responsive rotary control where you can use not just the + and - buttons, but drag the dot around in a circle for very precise control, and click/push the centre to mute/unmute.

IMG_8617.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the volume control in my Linn app - all you normally see is the small circle in the corner showing the current volume - clicking on that brings up a very responsive rotary control where you can use not dot around just the + and - buttons, but drag the dot around in a circle for very precise control, and click/push the centre to mute/unmute.
View attachment 5236

That's pretty cool!

Adopt. 😁

1000001498.jpg

I agree. When I want to change the volume, I'd rather take the wiim controller than move the volume dial on my phone, which always jumps a centimeter.

Ironically, Google Home does display the current volume level percentage, even if a different source (e.g. Spotify Connect) is selected. :p

Just a hint, not a replacement for your excellent suggestion, of course.

In most cases the volume slider or the phone's volume buttons are good enough for me, but occasionally I want to know for sure and/or adjust more precisely.

Lyngdorf's UI is somewhat similar, even though missing the +/- buttons.

IMG_20240224_135138.jpg

@PatriX, @harkpabst,
Thank you.

Adopt. 😁

1000001526.jpg

It would be nice if the user could choose the design and function of the device card themselves.

Notification panel controller
1000001535.jpg

widget
1000001530.jpg

Back