Better implementation of presets & media control panel

chikaku

My most common interaction with Wiim is via presets. It's a feature I highly appreciate, it greatly simplifies access to the multitude of sources.
However, there are a few functions which would really enhance my experience if introduced:

1. Would it be possible to extend the range of accessible presets on the remote? I'd love to be able to choose more than the first four. This could be done e.g. by adding one or two more layers of functionality to the physical buttons, switchable by a "shift" button.

2. The list of presets in the app is currently very difficult to edit. Could you improve this by adding options to move items up and down, order and rename them?

3. I'd appreciate the possibility to have a better access to presets on the mobile home screen. This could be easily fixed by a media control panel popping up in the notification area whenever a media is played. It's a feature which I otherwise miss the most in the wiim app. And I'm rather surprised it's absent given it's become almost a universal standard in mobile media apps.

Thank you!

My most common interaction with Wiim is via presets. It's a feature I highly appreciate, it greatly simplifies access to the multitude of sources.
However, there are a few functions which would really enhance my experience if introduced:

1. Would it be possible to extend the range of accessible presets on the remote? I'd love to be able to choose more than the first four. This could be done e.g. by adding one or two more layers of functionality to the physical buttons, switchable by a "shift" button.

2. The list of presets in the app is currently very difficult to edit. Could you improve this by adding options to move items up and down, order and rename them?

3. I'd appreciate the possibility to have a better access to presets on the mobile home screen. This could be easily fixed by a media control panel popping up in the notification area whenever a media is played. It's a feature which I otherwise miss the most in the wiim app. And I'm rather surprised it's absent given it's become almost a universal standard in mobile media apps.

Thank you!
Hi,
I agree with you. The control panel of 3 has been a much-requested feature for some time, but it hasn't happened yet. The WiiM app is probably difficult to implement because it manages multiple devices.

By the way, what happens if you press the preset button 1 on the WiiM remote continuously?

I don't have a remote, but pressing the WiiM's preset button in succession toggles the preset number. This means that if you press the button three times in a row, the WiiM will play preset 3. Can you do this remotely? 🤔

Hi,
I agree with you. The control panel of 3 has been a much-requested feature for some time, but it hasn't happened yet. The WiiM app is probably difficult to implement because it manages multiple devices.

By the way, what happens if you press the preset button 1 on the WiiM remote continuously?

I don't have a remote, but pressing the WiiM's preset button in succession toggles the preset number. This means that if you press the button three times in a row, the WiiM will play preset 3. Can you do this remotely? 🤔
Thank you for your answer!

The remote doesn't recognize a long or repeated short press of a button. It just toggles the same preset.

But yeah, the button on the device is useful and I sometimes resort to it to browse through the whole presets list.

Thank you!
Agreed. Not having a persistent media control panel in the notification area makes WiiM unusable for me as my main music player interface. My guess is it has something to do with it supporting "direct" play from the various apps like Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect and Amazon Music's Alexa Cast. In that scenario, those apps have a persistent media control notification, and it's possible that the various mobile OS platforms do not support both the music source's notification and the WiiM controls being in the notification area?

I hope there is some option that can be worked out, particularly with Android which is more open than iOS. I could see an instance initiated in WiiM persisting while an instance initiated on a music platform app taking over if started from there. Or, possibly having both? I think I can have multiple media notifications on my Google Pixel 7 Pro when I have something with Chromecast going one place but I'm listening to something else on my phone (Android).

Maybe it’s because the WiiM app could be controlling playback on several devices and Android might only be able to display that panel once for any app?

Best submitting a feature request ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the app.

Back