Better Library Browsing

amix

Hi,

I would like to be able to select an artist and be shown all albums I have from this artist instead of a brute list of all files without any structuring.

Edit for clarification. I want something like this:

Artist -> Albums -> Tracks by position on the album.

Also Artist -> Year -> Albums -> Tracks by position on the album as an addition could be nice.

UPDATE:
Adding to that, it may be useful to change the music browser's starting page from song to artist, because the song list takes a very long time to be ready. And only then one can change to the artist's page, which also takes some time to get read.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Best submitting a feature request ticket to WiiM asking that they bring it in line with their USB or Home Share layouts which work the way you describe

Last edited:
Best submitting a feature request ticket to WiiM asking that they bring it in line with their USB or Home Share layouts which work the wsy you describe
Thanks for the advice, but I thought this is the feature request forum. One can even vote on the requests, there's ideas around beneath the post (hint, hint). ;-)

What platform are you using? If android, try BubbleUPNP to access your local files and send those to your WiiM to play - it has much better music management features than the WiiM app. WiiM have said they hope to match BubbleUPNP at some point, but that’s an ambitious target given the latter’s long pedigree. MConnect on iOS offers similar features.

Back