Tidal: Quality Indicator & Remixes

xepyt

Some thoughts...

Quality Indicator
User Story
  • As a Tidal user, I want to be able to identify the quality of a track/album so that I can choose the highest quality listening experience.
Acceptance Criteria
  • When viewing an artist's album discography, user should be able to see the album's quality (eg: High, Max, etc..)
  • When searching for a song, user should be able to see the album's quality (eg: High, Max, etc..)
  • When searching for an album, user should be able to see the album's quality (eg: High, Max, etc..)
IMG_1860.PNGIMG_1855.jpgIMG_1854.jpg

Track Details for Remixes
User Story
  • As a Tidal user, I want to be able to identify if a track is a remix so that I can choose the correct song.
Acceptance Criteria
  • When viewing the song list of an album, user should be able to discern if a track is a remix or the original cut
  • When searching for a song, user should be able to discern if a track is a remix or the original cut
  • Screenshots below displays the difference between search and album view of remixes on Tidal vs. the Wiim App
IMG_1858.PNGIMG_1859.PNGIMG_1862.PNGIMG_1861.PNG

Reactions: SWM
That would be more than the TIDAL app has to offer (at least on Android).

I somehow doubt that that they are providing the necessary information through their API, but don't use it in their own app.

I could be wrong, though.

That would be more than the TIDAL app has to offer (at least on Android).

I somehow doubt that that they are providing the necessary information through their API, but don't use it in their own app.

I could be wrong, though.
It's there in the Tidal API, at least for albums (I don't search by track). I use it in my various Tidal UI's.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 6.51.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-22 6.53.41 PM.png

Back