Cannot use spotify connect following firmware update

cooky560

Major Contributor
As post says, it was fine until I installed the latest firmware, now neither google cast, spotify connect or tidal connect work.

Have tried rebooting the device, haven't seen if it also affects my wiim amp, only the pro plus so far

Twitter/X currently full of non-WiiM Spotify subscribers complaining that Connect isn't working with a galaxy of other devices and ecosystems so I'd suggest this is almost certainly not a WiiM problem at this point.

Hi guys!

I have arylic module that I have been using with Wiim app for couple of weeks now. All fine until today. Out of curiosity I tried back the old app 4stream which is basically the same as wiim one. Now my streamer works again. Hope it helps fix the problem for wiim users.

As post says, it was fine until I installed the latest firmware, now neither google cast, spotify connect or tidal connect work.

Have tried rebooting the device, haven't seen if it also affects my wiim amp, only the pro plus so far
Mine also not connecting to Spotify. Looks like a serious problem.

I’ve only just got the WiiM Amp and so still very much learning… last night I managed to play through Spotify connect on both the Amp and my apple HomePod tonight this doesn’t work I don’t have the option to select a second pair of speakers so can’t do multi room.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the speaker list in the Spotify app and choose airplay, you should be able to choose more than one AirPlay target and thus do multiroom.

You should be able to use an Alexa multi room music group with echos and even your WiiM amp (if you have linked that to your alexa account) but you won’t be able to mix airplay speakers with that grouping.
Thanks that’s really helpful… can you also add Sonos to the Alexa multi room.

Hi, we're hearing reports that people can now use Spotify Connect, can you confirm if it's now working for you?

Back