Cannot connect WPP to Chromecast

Lyspaere

Device came yesterday. Set it up, got it to connect to Google Home, as well as line in from my turntable. Jammin 🤘

Ok, so, life goes on, doing other things, and last night I try to cast to the WiiM from my phone again. Open Google Home, amd WiiM is listed, but it says "Not playing" under the volume slider circle-jobber-thing (that's the technical term, right?). Under that are 2 buttons, "Add to a room" and "Cast my audio." Well, not ready to mess with things like rooms, just want it to play. So "Cast my audio" it is. Click it, get a pop up: Cast to mirror device. Sure anyone reading this using Chromecast knows what this is. Ok, click the "Cast audio" blue link at the bottom of that pop up.

Nothing. Repeat (Cast audio, pop up, cast audio)

Nothing.

Repeat.

Nothing.

Get up, walk to the receiver. Yup, all's well.

I haven't changed anything.

I spent a lot of money on this little box (relatively - considering the Chromecast Audio puck I had connected to the receiver worked great). Can't even use it as a doorstop, if Darko is any indication, since he puts doorstops on all of his audio equipment.

Help?

Hasn’t the Google Home app recently changed so that you need to put it into a room, or did you have it working previously without having to do that?

Try adding it to a room, even if the room is just 'House'!
I wanted to rename some chromecast devices yesterday, and google home flatly refused to show me the settings menu to do so until I added them to a room.

Alright, I tried adding the WPP to a room... and I'll say this: the results are consistent.
(edit: for clarity, I was successful adding the WiiM to a room.)

I did go into the WiiM app and play something from my DNLA server, that worked. But going into my PlexAmp app, it will not connect any more than from within the Google Home app. Hi-Fi Cast will not connect, either.

Considering a factory reset, then trying again. Seriously hoping this is a case of "Brand New Product Blues" that a soon-to-be-released update corrects.

or did you have it working previously without having to do that?
Sorry I didn't address this question directly.

I got it all functioning as expected yesterday when I first connected it. Then after a few hours of not using it had passed, the WiiM Pro+ stopped working for anything other than the official WiiM app (or the direct line in). Cannot cast to it from any other apps (Chromecast functionality)

(edit: add punctuation)

Back