Multi-room Audio Using Chromecast w/ Google TV as the Source

gmaalbared

My partner likes to listen to music by either using the YouTube app on our Chromecast with Google TV (CCwGTV) stick OR by casting from the YouTube app to said CCwGTV. Currently, the CCwGTV is plugged into my Yamaha RX-V575 AVR which then connects to our TV via HDMI ARC.

I would like to have multi-room audio. I currently have a Wiim Pro Plus that is connected to the AVR via line out (I find the Wiim Pro Plus DAC sounds ever so slightly better than the DAC in my AVR). I have two Wiim minis connected to speakers in other rooms. If my goal is to have the audio from the CCwGTV play in other rooms, what's the best way to go about this? Do I get an HDMI splitter to split the HDMI Out signal from the AVR such that the video goes to the TV and the audio goes to the Wiim via optical? Doesn't that mess things up if the Wiim is outputting an analog signal to the AVR already? I'm assuming my issue would be resolved if the Wiim Pro Plus had an HDMI input that I could plug the CCwGTV into but alas, it does not.

My partner likes to listen to music by either using the YouTube app on our Chromecast with Google TV (CCwGTV) stick OR by casting from the YouTube app to said CCwGTV. Currently, the CCwGTV is plugged into my Yamaha RX-V575 AVR which then connects to our TV via HDMI ARC.

I would like to have multi-room audio. I currently have a Wiim Pro Plus that is connected to the AVR via line out (I find the Wiim Pro Plus DAC sounds ever so slightly better than the DAC in my AVR). I have two Wiim minis connected to speakers in other rooms. If my goal is to have the audio from the CCwGTV play in other rooms, what's the best way to go about this? Do I get an HDMI splitter to split the HDMI Out signal from the AVR such that the video goes to the TV and the audio goes to the Wiim via optical? Doesn't that mess things up if the Wiim is outputting an analog signal to the AVR already? I'm assuming my issue would be resolved if the Wiim Pro Plus had an HDMI input that I could plug the CCwGTV into but alas, it does not.
Couldn't you have the avr analog out going to the pro line in, then set the pro to line in and add the minis to the pro as a group?

Back