Trouble synching audio through Denon AVR

rjw

I attached a WIIM mini as optical input to my Denon x1700h AVR, driving the speakers in my TV room, and made it part of a group that is controlled by a WIIM PRO on another floor, that drives speakers in my living room.

I synched both devices but they are badly out of sync (initially by half a second). Actually every time I synch the Denon I get a different result. So it's not really working. I don't know if the WIIM is to blame or if the AVR is introducing variable delay.

Anyone else experienced issues getting audio in synch through an AVR?

I attached a WIIM mini as optical input to my Denon x1700h AVR, driving the speakers in my TV room, and made it part of a group that is controlled by a WIIM PRO on another floor, that drives speakers in my living room.

I synched both devices but they are badly out of sync (initially by half a second). Actually every time I synch the Denon I get a different result. So it's not really working. I don't know if the WIIM is to blame or if the AVR is introducing variable delay.

Anyone else experienced issues getting audio in synch through an AVR?

My Yamaha AVR experiences latency by going through the built-in DSP. Putting the AVR in Pure Direct mode eliminated the delay.

I moved the wiim mini to another device and it synced perfectly, but that's not where I wanted to use it (plugged it in to an Amazon echo just to see what would happen).

Maybe it's the digital layer adding the unpredictable delay. I guess I could supply an RCA signal but that's too bad, I'm assuming the DAC inside the Denon is better than the one in the mini.

I'll try that just to rule out other things.

I didn't find any settings in the x1700h that let me choose anything like "pure" in the config for this input. I think the audyssey settings apply across the board? I am happy with the speaker config for home theater which is the main use there

クイックセレクトI moved the wiim mini to another device and it synced perfectly, but that's not where I wanted to use it (plugged it in to an Amazon echo just to see what would happen).

Maybe it's the digital layer adding the unpredictable delay. I guess I could supply an RCA signal but that's too bad, I'm assuming the DAC inside the Denon is better than the one in the mini.

I'll try that just to rule out other things.

I didn't find any settings in the x1700h that let me choose anything like "pure" in the config for this input. I think the audyssey settings apply across the board? I am happy with the speaker config for home theater which is the main use there

Please try selecting "Direct" in sound mode. But I'm not sure if this will work around the DSP.

If the delay is resolved, you can switch the sound mode with the quick select button on the remote.

Back