WD MyCloud Home

App still can't see the Plex server running on MyCloud Home (it did for a short time when I set it up on delivery)
Are you using the iOS or Android app?

Is HEOS using the Plex server too? I think Volumio indexes the music directly.

It can see the music plugged into the router, well it can see about a 10th of it
Are you sure the server has finished indexing ?
I know that Windows can have an object limit with DLNA (bug ?) so check your router implementation is not limited in what it can index.

Are you using the iOS or Android app?

Is HEOS using the Plex server too? I think Volumio indexes the music directly.
It's the Android App

Sadly HEOS is no more on account of my Denon amp dying after 2 years of use, never again with Denon - HEOS was using files on a micro USB Drive plugged into the amp was an OK one stop solution but had it's own annoyances - the HEOS app also couldn't see the Plex server and had issues with drives plugged into my router. I was hoping WiiM amp would be a good replacement but sadly not

Yeah once I added the MyCloud Home network folder to volumio it indexed the music no problem

I have taken the USB drive back out of the router and plugged it into the WiiM amp which only found 600 of the 10,000 songs on the drive

It's the Android App

Sadly HEOS is no more on account of my Denon amp dying after 2 years of use, never again with Denon - HEOS was using files on a micro USB Drive plugged into the amp was an OK one stop solution but had it's own annoyances - the HEOS app also couldn't see the Plex server and had issues with drives plugged into my router.
Unfortunately all the baked in servers are pretty bad, that's why it's so much better to just run one off a raspberry pi/mini PC/NAS, but I appreciate that it's more work than some are willing to undertake.

Install BubbleUPnP on your Android phone and check if it can see your Plex server, because I'm not having any issues, and haven't seen any reported recently.

Bubble can't see the Plex server but it can see the wiim server upnp/dlna library (the usb drive connected to the wiim amp) it appears on first glance that bubble can see all the files on the drive

I can add the mycloud home music folder to bubble but it's just a folder view

Update: when I first plugged the usb drive into the wiim amp it automatically indexed only finding 600 or so songs but wasn't obvious is that there is a rescan function.

I ran this and it has now found 16k songs I'll need to take usb drive out and check in a pc to see if that's all the music

Bubble can't see the Plex server but it can see the wiim server upnp/dlna library (the usb drive connected to the wiim amp) it appears on first glance that bubble can see all the files on the drive

I can add the mycloud home music folder to bubble but it's just a folder view
If the BubbleUPnP Android app can't see Plex but can see the WiiM Amp server then there's definitely something wrong with the Plex setup (or MyCloud/network configuration) that is preventing its discovery. This confirms that it's not a WiiM app problem.

I assume all devices are on the same subnet?

Last edited:
If the BubbleUPnP Android app can't see Plex but can see the WiiM Amp server then there's definitely something wrong with the Plex setup (or MyCloud/network configuration) that is preventing its discovery. This confirms that it's not a WiiM app problem.

I assume all devices are on the same subnet?
No other devices in the house - phones, TVs computers, have any problem accessing the Plex server all connected to the same router don't see how they could be on different subnets

No other devices in the house - phones, TVs computers, have any problem accessing the Plex server all connected to the same router don't see how they could be on different subnets
Are they accessing it using DLNA/UPnP or do you have Plex apps installed on them?

Last edited:
The MyCloud home doesn't support DLNA so they use the plex app
You said that you enabled DLNA in Plex.

All of your devices that have a Plex app installed aren't using DLNA for communication.
Given that the two apps that are using DLNA can't connect shows that there's something wrong in your setup.

Last edited:
You said that you enabled DLNA in Plex.

All of your devices that have a Plex app installed aren't using DLNA for communication.
Given that the two apps that are using DLNA can't connect shows that there's something wrong in your setup.
I have enabled DLNA in plex

It's odd that on original setup it did recognise the plex server but hasn't since

As things stand it looks like all of the files on the USB drive have been indexed so I will be using that as my library until hopefully WiiM can get the app to index network shares

A bit annoying I have to have 2 copies of my music data rather than everything reading the one on the MyCloud home

I have enabled DLNA in plex

It's odd that on original setup it did recognise the plex server but hasn't since

As things stand it looks like all of the files on the USB drive have been indexed so I will be using that as my library until hopefully WiiM can get the app to index network shares

A bit annoying I have to have 2 copies of my music data rather than everything reading the one on the MyCloud home
You could try to resolve your DLNA issue.

I wouldn't wait on WiiM indexing NAS shares, they're likely to have improved Plex integration (whatever that means) before that's ever addressed.

Given you're all in on Plex, why don't you use PlexAmp and cast to the WiiM Amp using Chromecast (unless you have a lot of gapless albums)?

You could try to resolve your DLNA issue.

I wouldn't wait on WiiM indexing NAS shares, they're likely to have improved Plex integration (whatever that means) before that's ever addressed.

Given you're all in on Plex, why don't you use PlexAmp and cast to the WiiM Amp using Chromecast (unless you have a lot of gapless albums)?
Plexamp is what I was using till I got the USB drive to be indexed - I will be using the USB drive going forward

Back