Linux app support

U Can run android on windows 11 using windows subsystem for android

U Can run android on windows 11 using windows subsystem for android
Yeah, but there’s been an issue with that for the last few versions of WSA that means the network protocols used by the WiiM Home app and BubbleUPNP no longer work. The developer of the latter is particularly displeased as well he should be…

I’ve never tried this out but it suggests you can get a version of Google Playstore installed in a Linux environment and thus may be able to run at least some Playstore apps using Anbox

Does anyone have experience with Anbox ?

+1 for Linux App support. I registered on the forum especially for that!
Maybe it also could be a webapp, as I can see that the WIIM Pro already listens on port 80.

I'd love to see a release of WiiM Home for Linux! I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Hello,
I just received my WIIM Pro Plus, I wanted to install WIIM HOME on my Linux PC, it doesn't work with Wine, nor with Lutris, nor Playonlinux...
I really hope that a Linux version will arrive soon !

I bought a Wiim Pro earlier this year and I am super happy with it but I was dismayed to not find a Linux version of the Wiim Home app. A search for an alternative brought me straight to this post. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any third party alternatives for Linux so I decided to throw together my own app. I used the HTTP API document posted above and some other posts on the forum about the UPNP API. My app has basic player controls and displays the currently playing track and playlist. It also has desktop notifications and MPRIS support so my media keys work. My app still requires the Wiim Home app to create and browse playlists but it gives me the basic controls I wanted on the Linux desktop.

If anyone is interested, I posted the source code to github: https://github.com/shumatech/wiimplay

Thank you Suhmatech for your message. I will try to install your application. Bravo for the time spent and for making us benefit from it!

Personally, now I use Logitech Media Server on Ubuntu. it works very well, much better than the WIIM HOME application, you can even read DSF files without problems, although they are re-encoded in 24 bits 192khz. The manufacturer also makes no effort to make this possible on the WIIM HOME application, nor any effort to make a Linux compatible application!
WIIM PRO PLUS is of good quality, I'm happy with it, but I no longer trust WIIM to improve our experience. I think that once a product is released he only devotes himself to developing the next one...

I'll try to install your application and get back to you!

WIIM PRO PLUS is of good quality, I'm happy with it, but I no longer trust WIIM to improve our experience. I think that once a product is released he only devotes himself to developing the next one...

Guess you haven’t read the roadmap and have missed the free firmware and app updates which added features to your device after you bought it? ;)

Guess you haven’t read the roadmap and have missed the free firmware and app updates which added features to your device after you bought it? ;)
Yes, I'm watching. I still don't see support for DSD or Linux support. Did I miss something?

I bought a Wiim Pro earlier this year and I am super happy with it but I was dismayed to not find a Linux version of the Wiim Home app. A search for an alternative brought me straight to this post. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any third party alternatives for Linux so I decided to throw together my own app. I used the HTTP API document posted above and some other posts on the forum about the UPNP API. My app has basic player controls and displays the currently playing track and playlist. It also has desktop notifications and MPRIS support so my media keys work. My app still requires the Wiim Home app to create and browse playlists but it gives me the basic controls I wanted on the Linux desktop.

If anyone is interested, I posted the source code to github: https://github.com/shumatech/wiimplay
I installed your application: great work!
It's sober, minimalist and functional.
I would have liked to have access to albums and not just playlists.

I use Logitech Media Server on a daily basis, I think I will continue to use it because it is much more complete, but your application might interest people! Bravo!

Looks great! I’ll try it on ChromeOS tomorrow.

Yes, I'm watching. I still don't see support for DSD or Linux support. Did I miss something?
I was refuting your suggestion that WiiM only devote themselves to the next product after releasing one which they clearly don’t, not to your two specific requests which I guess only impact a very small proportion of users

wiimplay-main/go.mod:3: invalid go version '1.21.5': must match format 1.23

Latest version 1.22 on the go releases page...

Edit: Changed top of go.mod to "go 1.23" and it now compiles (lots of deprecation warnings). However, as per usual on the Linux VM under ChromeOS, SSDP simply won't work, even with UDP 1900 port-forwarded, so an option to add WiiM IP addresses manually would be nice.

1709396409912.png

Last edited:
A quick hack to bypass SSDP and hardcode my WiiM Pro and it works on ChromeOS...

1709408358174.png

I would have liked to have access to albums and not just playlists.
I didn't spend any effort trying to figure out how the WiiM API manages playlists. I think it would be possible to browse a local UPNP/DLNA server and use the WiiM API to build up a playlist. I'm mainly listening to Amazon Music these days since I don't use a local server like LMS. In fact, one of the main reason's I bought the WiiM Pro was to listen to HD/UHD content on Amazon since they doesn't have a Linux app either!

Back