Linux app support

wiimplay-main/go.mod:3: invalid go version '1.21.5': must match format 1.23
That's interesting about the go version. I just updated my Arch distro to get go 1.22 and it didn't complain about the 1.21.5 version number. I guess some versions of the go tool don't like the third digit in the version. Editing the go.mod file like you did should be fine.

If anyone doesn't want to compile the app, I posted a binary on Github though you'll need to make sure your Linux distro has the proper GTK libraries installed.

so an option to add WiiM IP addresses manually would be nice.
If push comes to shove, you can edit the config file to add the WiiM manually. The config file is stored in ~/.config/wiimplay/config. The file is YAML format and looks like this:

Code:
DeviceIndex: 0
Devices:
    - Name: Office Audio
      Url: http://10.0.0.79:49152/description.xml
HideOnClose: true
HideOnStart: false
MprisSupport: true
SendNotifications: true
ShowStatusIcon: true

Just add the Devices entries as shown and edit the IP address of the WiiM.

Could something like this be enhanced to work with a FLirc USB dongle and say a media center remote? That might allow the use of a universal remote or harmony hub/remote to control some aspects of our WiiM device?

Could something like this be enhanced to work with a FLirc USB dongle and say a media center remote? That might allow the use of a universal remote or harmony hub/remote to control some aspects of our WiiM device?
If Flirc can emulate media keys, then a lot of Linux desktop environments have a plugin or feature to convert media keys into MPRIS events. MPRIS is supported as is and that would give you the basics like play, pause, stop, volume, mute, next/prev track, seek, etc.

Back