Significant regressions in HDMI behavior since firmware update v5.0.608834

xsdmx

Major Contributor
Is anyone else seeing significant regressions in HDMI behavior since firmware update v5.0.608834 rolled out yesterday? I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp will not output audio until I reboot the WiiM Amp itself.

I found a weird alternative to rebooting that might indicate the root cause of the issue. If I go into the LG TV audio settings and cycle between PCM, auto, and bitstream after a few times through the audio suddenly starts working again without needing to reboot the entire amp. Weird. Please fix!

I found a weird alternative to rebooting that might indicate the root cause of the issue. If I go into the LG TV audio settings and cycle between PCM, auto, and bitstream after a few times through the audio suddenly starts working again without needing to reboot the entire amp. Weird. Please fix!
Hi xsdmx

Apologies for any inconvenience you've experienced. We kindly ask you to submit a feedback ticket, and our Engineering team will promptly investigate this issue. It's possible that it stems from our recent updates to specific TV models. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I hate CEC / ARC. It's such a poorly implemented protocol across different brands. If possible I avoid it and use digital optical instead.

I hate CEC / ARC. It's such a poorly implemented protocol across different brands. If possible I avoid it and use digital optical instead.
I have had no problems with Denon and Yamaha AVRs hopefully WiiM can sort it

I have the same problem too with my (quite old) Philips tv. It was working flawlessly until last FW update. Will report back after Installing the firmware that dropped today.

I have the same problem too with my (quite old) Philips tv. It was working flawlessly until last FW update. Will report back after Installing the firmware that dropped today.
I’m positive since I own an old Philips tv too and the firmware update did indeed fix it for me.

Just got the hotfix firmware update and HDMI appears to be working great so far. Audio works on sleep/wake from HDMI source and I haven't been able to reproduce the garbled audio issue from two firmware versions back. Will keep testing but good news so far! Love my WiiM Amp and appreciate how responsive support is.

Last edited:
Back