Amp firmware update requires reboot to start?

ccs-digital

I have noticed that with the last two Amp firmware updates it will not start the update process unless I reboot the Amp first. Without doing this the app either hangs (on my tablet) or fails and prompts to try later (on my phone).

Not had this behavior previously, or with any of my other WiiM devices.

I have noticed that with the last two Amp firmware updates it will not start the update process unless I reboot the Amp first. Without doing this the app either hangs (on my tablet) or fails and prompts to try later (on my phone).

At least I didn't. Normally, you do not need to reboot before the update. Is your WiiM amp connected to Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

In general, the following are the reasons why the update does not complete.

1. The network communication quality is not stable.
  2. Unstable power supply to the device
  3. Download server failure
  4. Device glitches
In addition, the WiiM app may display an error even though the update has been completed. For this reason, you may need to check the current firmware version in Device info after the error is displayed.

Hi Wiimer, ccs-digital,

Apologies for any inconvenience you've experienced. We kindly ask you to submit a feedback ticket, and our Engineering team will promptly investigate this issue. If you have the ticket numbers, please let me know these too. I'll follow up with our team immediately.

The update installed instantly on my amp, so I cannot confirm that.

However, it seemed like the changes like reduction of pop noises did not really kick in until a hard reboot.

Back