dreaded firmware update day

Hollywood

Major Contributor
I have 7 WiiM Pro's and firmware update day consumes much of my time. I start the Android app and the update message appears. I don't know which device it is for. If I accept it, it consumes my phone (and WiiM) for about 5 minutes. If I decline it, another update message appears, presumably for another one of my WiiMs. As it was, one of my WiiM Pros failed the update and it took several attempts.

As I am writing this, I just started the app and it want's to update another device, but I don't know which one. On the device screen there is an arrow symbol near the device name of 2 devices. What does that mean?

Most companies force updates so everyone is on the same platform. I trust WiiM firmware updates will either improve security, fix something, or add features. As a rule, I want the most recent updates.

Unless I am missing something, is there an better way to manage updates? What I would like is a setting that keeps the current method OR lets you set a time that the device could auto update and reboot if necessary when there is a new firmware. I would set it for 4AM and hopefully the process would be transparent. I only start the app when I want to listen to music. When there is an update, often that is not possible. It would be nice if it would update when I don't want to listen to music.

Is there currently an easier way to deal with multiple WiiMs that I am not aware of.

Thanks.

Is there currently an easier way to deal with multiple WiiMs that I am not aware of.
Don't use the WHA and they automagically update at some point ;)
One of the recent release notes said something about trying to perform updates when the device wasn't in use.

I, too, don't like that it doesn't say for which device it has found an update.
I, too, don't like that the app forces you to wait while the device updates. Just do it in the background...
As such, I usually press later, then manually press that green up arrow to update a specific device when I want to.
Of course, if I leave it too long then it just does it itself anyway.

Don't use the WHA and they automagically update at some point ;)
One of the recent release notes said something about trying to perform updates when the device wasn't in use.

I, too, don't like that it doesn't say for which device it has found an update.
I, too, don't like that the app forces you to wait while the device updates. Just do it in the background...
As such, I usually press later, then manually press that green up arrow to update a specific device when I want too.
Of course, if I leave it too long then it just does it itself anyway.
I often miss something or don't understand. I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks for replying!

I have 7 WiiM Pro's and firmware update day consumes much of my time. I start the Android app and the update message appears. I don't know which device it is for. If I accept it, it consumes my phone (and WiiM) for about 5 minutes. If I decline it, another update message appears, presumably for another one of my WiiMs. As it was, one of my WiiM Pros failed the update and it took several attempts.

As I am writing this, I just started the app and it want's to update another device, but I don't know which one. On the device screen there is an arrow symbol near the device name of 2 devices. What does that mean?

Most companies force updates so everyone is on the same platform. I trust WiiM firmware updates will either improve security, fix something, or add features. As a rule, I want the most recent updates.

Unless I am missing something, is there an better way to manage updates? What I would like is a setting that keeps the current method OR lets you set a time that the device could auto update and reboot if necessary when there is a new firmware. I would set it for 4AM and hopefully the process would be transparent. I only start the app when I want to listen to music. When there is an update, often that is not possible. It would be nice if it would update when I don't want to listen to music.

Thanks.
Don’t do this one. It made mine sound slow treble is rolled off a very dark sound, like everything is MP3. It’s boring and lifeless wth did they do

I'm sorry that I don't have any helpful input and I hope you find a solution, but this is honestly a very comical problem to have. It's like something out of a fable 😅

I'm sorry that I don't have any helpful input and I hope you find a solution, but this is honestly a very comical problem to have. It's like something out of a fable 😅
Yes a reboot solved it - this appears to have been posted multiple times

I know it’s funny, right. How do you hear your stereo with that 19th century divers suit on😆

The added problem is that when a firmware update appears, it seems to immediately affect my ability to stream live radio through Roon. I understand needing to let customers know that a new firmware is available but why would the message mess the usability of the devices?

Back