Firmware Update - Flakey

JohnW

Major Contributor
Just got the icon on two Wiim Amps for an update. If I click "check for updates" it says I'm on the latest version. If I click the icon next to the device name I get the pop up screen to say there's a new version. I click ok but then it's just freezing the app on the 'Device Update' page. It's on Download... Stage:1/3 and then that's it. I feel sure if I return to my phone in 24 hours that'll still be showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last update appeared to be frozen for me as well, but I left it and the update completed. It stayed on downloading for an extended period.

I'm showing the latest version on both devices (5.0.609856). So it's as though the updates happened but they did so while the app was frozen. I'm on iOS and it wouldn't progress the status. For both devices I had to force close the app.

That's a pretty old firmware revision by now ... ;)

It could be that the one that popped up for installation was the new one you link. However it hasn't installed, locked up the app and so I'm probably stuck until another update is posted. Why on earth you can't just search for update and get the latest rather than be told (incorrectly) that you're on the latest. Thus far I'm having a crap experience with this and I've barely used it.

Why on earth you can't just search for update ...
You can. It's in the app: Settings, Device Info, Check for Updates.

In your case I would just power cycle the amp and hit that link.

Check for Updates.jpg

You can. It's in the app: Settings, Device Info, Check for Updates.

In your case I would just power cycle the amp and hit that link.

View attachment 5916
I've already done that, but as said it says I'm up to date when I'm not when you click 'Check for updates'. It tells you you're up to date when you aren't, teh firmware update gets rolled out to me and I got the pop up to update. That froze the app, didn't update either of the Amps and so now that pop up/update available flag is not there and I'm on the original firmware.

Attachments

• IMG_6435.png
    IMG_6435.png
    858.8 KB · Views: 5
and I rest my case - the 'check for updates' button is a waste of screen space. Rather than 'Your device is up to date' it might say 'gotcha!, this button is just for show'
It worked for me in the past (where past really means just a couple of weeks).

You now know why ... ;)

Back